Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD packaging work

Hello !
    Here is my latest CD packaging design . The box includes 9 music and two video CDs . This work is non-commercial and dedicated to some of my friends .
    Cover material used: vinyl .
    All the ornaments were drawn by hand and then scanned .
    Comments and critiques are highly appreciated . Thanks !

front-side
    back

detailed view 1
    detailed view 2

photo1
    photo2
    Last edited by plasticboy; 06-28-2005, 05:57 PM.

sweeet design mate! scanning crumpled paper is a classic, love it! love the ornaments too! very (inherently) ornate yet appropriate. Type face is great (on the front), what is it?
    Last edited by cjoe; 06-28-2005, 02:11 AM.
    I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
      sweeet design mate! scanning crumpled paper is a classic, love it! love the ornaments too! very (inherently) ornate yet appropriate. Type face is great (on the front), what is it?
      thanks
      I used Basicdots. u can also look for Routine , Fortuna Dot or National First Dotted .

Comment

no worries mate. basicdots eh? thanks for that. btw Your friends are going to be pleased, thats commercial quality stuff.

edit: P.S did are the cds you have in there copies? If so did you do original art for the cds?
        Last edited by cjoe; 06-28-2005, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
          did are the cds you have in there copies? If so did you do original art for the cds?
          7 of them are copies(music) , 8th and 9th contain Midwest travel films(also my work ) in VCD and .avi formats . No art on the cds . All have blank white surfaces.

Comment

200 posts (wooo!). white is good.

Comment

I can appreciate the Nouveau flavor of it; that's my favorite genre. Nice job.
              Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Seeing good work like that makes me happy
                www.greenthumbcreative.com

Comment

Bada ba ba ba, I'm loving it. I love the style. It did remind me of the arcade fire album cover at first. Good job!
                  Last edited by keith1; 06-28-2005, 02:39 PM. Reason: Spelled bada ba ba ba wrong.

Comment

I recently saw an article for creating the crumpled paper look in either PS or Fireworks. Cool technique, but I failed to bookmark it. Great job on the art.
                    Steve Chittenden

Graphic design, web design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
                    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by cbscreative
                      I recently saw an article for creating the crumpled paper look in either PS or Fireworks. Cool technique, but I failed to bookmark it. Great job on the art.
                      The real thing always looks better. Crumple up paper, open it back up and scan it in.

Comment

Easier too, I'm sure. But if it is a web graphic, file size could be a concern with a scan, unless it's small, then quick and dirty wins.
                        Steve Chittenden

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
                        -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

You can always change the size & resolution.

Comment

supercool! nice design. what's the music like?

Comment

Very true Kieth on the size and res. Maybe just me, but I am always willing to try new techniques just to see. Sometimes you discover really cool stuff that way. Besides, if it takes awhile to create, you can always make a brush, a script, a style, or a symbol and recycle it in other design work.
                              Steve Chittenden

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X