Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ThePreyMan PHS
    Reply to Custom social icons
    ThePreyMan PHS
    Justo to clarify, I didn't change the colors of the actual logos, per say, as in the 'F' of the facebook logo was never yellow. The logos were all black, which is fine, and the backgrounds to them were...
    Today, 06:36 AM
  • ThePreyMan PHS
    Reply to Custom social icons
    ThePreyMan PHS
    It still leaves me in uncertainty. What I had before, in the creation of this thread, seemed to me to be respectable to their branding. I can understand not having the Facebook logo turned into a gun...
    Today, 06:33 AM
  • ThePreyMan PHS
    Reply to Confidence, Growth, and a Mentor
    ThePreyMan PHS
    Great.
    Thanks for the bits of info, guys. Helps.
    Today, 06:23 AM
  • seamas
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    seamas
    ^ This...
    Today, 04:55 AM
  • seamas
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    seamas
    I think the weathering shouldn't be part of the logo at all.

If you want to use it as a treatment fine, but in the design phase of the logo, it just isn't a good idea.

Too many...
    Today, 04:52 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Wrap Sketches

Here are some vehicle wraps I sketched out. I just scanned them all in, even ones I don't really care for. Their colors are purple and blue. They do transmissions and transfer cases. The sprocket and lightning are the most idea on where they want to go. Here is there site, it can give you an idea of the colors I would be using. Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas. Something you like something you hate, or just tell me how much I rock.

*Updated the photos for number 2 and 3 which were the same.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mynock; 06-30-2005, 03:13 PM.
    Less be more.

I don't know why they are not showing up, I'll see what I can do. So you don't have to click on them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mynock; 06-30-2005, 03:14 PM.
    Less be more.

Comment

Well considering 95% of the work I do is car related, I was anxious to see what you have here. I just did a wrap for a local sign shop's truck which won them 2nd place in a nationwide trade magazine contest...whoohoo.

Anyway...I like the idea behind 10...that was the first idea that popped into my head when I read the beginning of your post. You could get detailed with all the spines on the gear and...nevermind...I'm not going to taint you with too many ideas. I also think 8 is very interesting and could work out really well. Lastly I'd say #4 might also work out well.

The colors they use on their website will work out really well for this...I've got so many ideas runnin through my head already...lol. You might consider throwing some gray in there also to go with the blues and purple.

I'm anxious to see how this evolves and especially to see the finished product. Keep us updated on your progress.

Good luck man!
      tmooregraphics
      Horsepower For Your Business!
      Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

This is my first vehicle wrap, so I am pretty excited about the idea. I'm always excited to have my work out there for everyone to see. It is good to have some input from someone who does a few of these. I might be looking for you guidance a little if I need it. I am happy that you liked at least some of my ideas. You should post a picture of your wrap that got second. Thanks, I'll I try to keep you all posted on the progress for sure.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mynock; 06-30-2005, 03:14 PM.
        Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mynock
          This is my first vehicle wrap, so I am pretty excited about the idea. I'm always excited to have my work out there for everyone to see. It is good to have some input from someone who does a few of these. I might be looking for you guidance a little if I need it. I am happy that you liked at least some of my ideas. You should post a picture of your wrap that got second. Thanks, I'll I try to keep you all posted on the progress for sure.
          look forward to seeing the outcomes. How do you go about doing a vehicle wrap anyway? Do you just get vinyls done or do you hand the design to an airbrusher?
          I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

I had an idea..it's kinda cheesy but how bout the side of the truck ripped open and all these gears on the inside....maybe the logo too...

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
              How do you go about doing a vehicle wrap anyway? Do you just get vinyls done or do you hand the design to an airbrusher?
              I've not done them before or seen them printed, but I do know we print them using our Mimaki machine, which can print on most anything. It's a solvent ink, so you print on a white vinyl and you just peal off the back and install like regular vinyl. At least this is what I believe. Any body feel free to set me right.

It seems to me that in the first collection of sketches they are repeated I will have to fix that and repost those pics.
              Last edited by Mynock; 06-30-2005, 03:15 AM.
              Less be more.

Comment

i have to say, at the moment (until you repost those pics) that 9 and 11 are my favs.
                I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

your sketches all look good. i would go with #10 & not think about it anymore. that would look great going down the road. it would be large & easy to understand compared to the smaller gears in the earlier sketches. good luck & keep us informed.
                  Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Second Wave

Here is a second wave of sketches related to popular ones before and some new ones. Let me know what you think.
                    Attached Files
                    Less be more.

Comment

Number 10.

Comment

^^Ditto.
                        ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

yup, I'm still liking #10. Simple and straightforward. You only have a few seconds to create a memorable impression with a vehicle graphic. Looking good!
                          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I like number 8. Seems recognizable enough far away and close up.
                            Skinns
                            Skinwerks Tattoo & Design
                            Scott Padgett Art

"creativity is not a button you push"

Comment

Originally posted by Mynock
                              You should post a picture of your wrap that got second.
                              Here you go...

http://www.tmooregraphics.com/media/behlmann.jpg

I designed the look of the whole truck. The back of the truck is a full wrap, but the guys at the sign shop painted the cab of the truck the same green color to tie it all together. It took second place in the latest issue of Sign Business magazine in their Auto Art contest.

I'm now looking to do the guys Nissan Pathfinder in the same style to match the truck. I'll have to post some pics of it.

The majority here seem to like #10...I think you'll have a great looking design when it's all said and done.

Good luck!!
                              tmooregraphics
                              Horsepower For Your Business!
                              Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X