Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrestoArts
    Reply to Presto Arts Game Studio Logo Idea 1
    PrestoArts
    Yes it's Hobo *embarressed*.

I just haven't been able to find a font I like as much. The attached image has my second fav font.

@ <b> I couldn't really find a font per...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • Kool
    Reply to Hello GDF!
    Kool
    So what is the greatest site on the internet then
    Today, 02:32 AM
  • artistador
    Reply to Notes as design exercise
    artistador
    Neat idea. Definitely some of the best looking notes I've seen. Like Buda said, first thing that came to mind was using headers/footers (you could have the date, topic of lecture, etc..). A lot of those...
    Today, 02:07 AM
  • artistador
    Hello GDF!
    artistador
    Have been a silent peruser for some time and decided I'd join the conversation. I promise I have actually read the "very important links here and here", and also know I will be reminded to do...
    Today, 01:49 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Presto Arts Game Studio Logo Idea 1
    KitchWitch
    The edit feature only works for a short time. If you need to add or change info, just comment. That's what we all have to do.
    Today, 01:38 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Logo

Any constructive criticism is well appreciated! I'm trying to put a portfolio together, so I want to make sure my work is well perfected before I do so.

Some suggestions:-

-Try making the top of the box lighter (almost the same shade as the rest of the box but very slightly darker)

- Try to do away with the slogan. Typically whenever a slogan accompanies a logo in just the collateral identity piece alone, the brand is perceived (to me) to be "trying too hard"--especially if its a design shop. If not, then definitely try to rework the placement of it

- Drop the drop shadows

Note that these are just some experimental recommendations---fool around with them if you are bored. Right now, I would say the logo is good to go anyways.

Remember to fret more about the quality of your work than the logo itself. You could pencil sketch a dry turd on the front and they wouldnt care as long as your work is solid.

Best of luck!--I really like the designs.
    Last edited by GreenThumb; 07-02-2005, 05:08 AM.
    www.greenthumbcreative.com

Comment

Originally posted by GreenThumb
      Remember to fret more about the quality of your work than the logo itself. You could pencil sketch a dry turd on the front and they wouldnt care as long as your work is solid.
      lol. I'm sure people would love that!

i agree mostly with greenthumb though, so 'echo' all of his suggestions. drop shadows are not very easy to work with, i.e. getting them to look right in everypossible instance of your logo is difficult. Your 5 looks a little skewif. How did you place it there? did you just skew it? or did you add it when you extruded the square?
      My fav colour is definitely the teal one. (Well 'light teal' anyway, almost mint.)
      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Congratulations on some good work... this logo has great potential.

It is rather typographic in nature, which prompts a spacing observation: the "stu" spacing is consistent, but is much tighter than the "dio" group; and the "u-d" space is quite big.

With that "clarity" reference in the tag line I don't understand why an opaque cube is used as the logo icon. Would a hint of transparency be appropriate? (My own preference would be to omit the tag line.)
        listen to the barking dogs

Comment

I agree with killing the drop shadows. I do like the slogan with the logo though. I feel that in many cases, the tight association between the two can strengthen a brand.

However, I would try and come up with a different slogan. It appears that the 5 and 2 are on a cube/box. So why not work up a variation of the "outside the box" idea? Just my .02. Good luck!

Edit: I just saw Dana's comment and I think an opaque cube would definitely work with the slogan. Great idea!
          Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

osmosis, if you want experience for your portfolio I would strongly recommend volunteering for a non-profit agency like an animal shelter, childrens organization, or another cause you believe in.

Those are the only types of organizations that should receive free work. To "give away" graphic design work for experience or whatever reason is a highly unethical practice and really cheapens our industry. We don't condone that here on GDF. That's why your other post was removed.

I would recommend asking someone before taking their idea and running with it, as a matter of common courtesy as well as for ethical reasons.
            Last edited by morea; 07-05-2005, 02:55 PM.
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

here are some ideas for creating portfolio pieces.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...111#post139111
              "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Hmmm...am I missing something (or am I just stupid...lol)? V-Twin_gary was just posting something here the other day using Studio 52. Are you the same person with a new screen name or somebody else with the same company name?

Anyway...I like it. It's a simple logo, nothing fancy, but it looks good. Too me it seems like the spacing in between the letters are off a bit...it could stand to be evened up and tightened up a bit.

I'm not too crazy on any of the colors, but I'd pick the minty green of all of them. Otherwise, looks good.
                tmooregraphics
                Horsepower For Your Business!
                Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

I've seen this one done a ton of times very similar to this.
                  "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

i would agree with a lot of the comments posted - especially about dropping the drop shadows. The box is a really nice device to work with, maybe the edges could be softened a little - like the dice you get with rounded edges and the 5 and the 2 could be inset into the box? At the moment the black looks quite harsh, have you tried it at 60 or 80 percent?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X