Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to Break points and Responsive design
    DanCMU
    I'm a developer for a digital agency and can personally vouch for the benefit of mock-ups. How else can a developer code against a design if they don't exist? In terms of development/design time, desktop...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • DanCMU
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    DanCMU
    On devices with retina displays, their resolution is high enough that it, effectively, resizes images to get them looking the right size (in a nutshell). This is often the cause of image problems like...
    Today, 08:56 AM
  • DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks very much, appreciate the feedback.

I did make all of the other letters gray, and it did emphasize the two "e"s but it then became a bit more difficult to distinguish the...
    Today, 08:40 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    Thanks CataclysmX and Designia! I will continue my search for the right typeface....
    Today, 05:24 AM
  • LumLum1013
    My thread went missing?
    LumLum1013
    I posted a new thread in The Crit Pit about a week ago. It was approved, a few members have replied to it and I was able to access it for few days.
    Then I received email notifications of a few new...
    Today, 04:25 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Card Critique

I just made my first business card and i would appreciate comments. I realize that its low on info but i havent finished the website yet...

p.s. the color looked more vibrant before i saved it out, so imagine a slightly brighter orange.

Business card

Not bad! I love the graphic but I think your contact details need to be in a I hate to say it more generic font. just so your clients can read quickly and ring for heaps of work!

Comment

I am not a fan of the design in the least.

First off being a buissness card the text is to close to the edge.

It is common to practice to leave some space around the edge (1/8 in.).- for cutting purposes.

Also, i find the design emphasis the information way to much. The same emphasis can be placed on the text without having its proportional relationship to the plan so large.

Furthermore, every part of the card loks as if it was just "slopped" on. There exist (in my eyes) no understanding in placement. Everything just look as if it was just thrown together. (maybe its your style, I am just saying).

Also, i find the color to be unsuccessfull. It just is not working for me.

In the end, it looks to be very amatuer in my opinion.
      Last edited by tZ; 07-10-2005, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Well, let me see here...

First rule of thumb, leave an 1/8" border around the card, otherwise the logo will be cut off in trimming.

I also agree that the bottom copy needs some work...needs to be smaller, simpler, and easier to read.

I'm not sold on the color. I'd probably pick something different, but color is up to you.

As for the logo...it's not bad. Personally, I think the outlines should be a tad bolder and I'd lose the thin white lines inside of each letter...simplify it some.

Hope this helps you out. I'm anxious to see your revised design.
        tmooregraphics
        Horsepower For Your Business!
        Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

The proximity of the design/logo to the top and sides of the cars is interesting. Just as some have already said, a 1/8" (or more) empty space is commonly left between any printed imagery and the edge of the card. Is it mandatory? Absoloutley not... but rest assured that the cost for printing will be greater without the empty space. This is not only due to the proximity of ink to card edge, but also to the difficulty in matching the alignment of the design with the trim. You decide if the extra expense is warranted by the design.

The logo appears (to my eyes) to be obviously hand done, and a little "roughly" at that. If that is the desired result, congratulations; if more professional typographic design is appropriate for describing your practice, try again.
          listen to the barking dogs

Comment

Thanks everyones response i will take it all in consideration and provide an updated version soon, I also have another idea that i will post up in a day or two, Thanks Again.

Comment

Here is the updated version i changed the colors to green but i think i am going to use another logo. It will be up soon in another post.

Comment

match betaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
                I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X