Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proud of my creation ...

I'm kinda proud of my creation and my minimal-but-great (to my taste at least ) design .... feedback is very welcome: http://www.meant4u.com
    Meant4u - Inspiring personal jewelry and gifts: meant4u.com

Originally posted by Tzvook55
    I'm kinda proud of my creation and my minimal-but-great (to my taste at least ) design .... feedback is very welcome: http://www.meant4u.com

Coolest Idea I have seen in a long time- all the best.

Comment

Way cool, for sure.
      www.greenthumbcreative.com

Comment

This site design tells right away what you do, the layout is great, and good choice of colors. It is simple and clean, the very thing I try to tell anyone about site design. There is one thing that caught my attention you may want to change. If you go much below a 1024x768 res and full screen, it forces a horizontal scroll bar. I recommend making it a little more fluid in the layout. Very good job though.
        Steve Chittenden

Graphic design, web design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
        -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

There's a spelling mistake on the front page - crucifixes not crusifixes.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.

If you go much below a 1024x768 res and full screen, it forces a horizontal scroll bar. I recommend making it a little more fluid in the layout.
            Yep, you caught an issue that goes like that: I use JavaScript to manipulate resolution and redirect to the correct page (one to 800X600 and one for higher res)
            and it goes like this: first page is for 800X600, if JavaScript see higher res, it redirect to another page ( http://www.meant4u.com/indexHR.php ) .

The glich in it is that the hi-res page don't redirect back (so if someone got there by mistake or lower his res ... he'll get the horisonal scroll you mentioned ... and it makes me think that it might also happand if someone will get there from a search engine.... .... so here comes the 4th "thank you"

But then if I'll put JS to redirect by resolution also in the Hi-res page it might loop visitors between pages .....

10x Eggles1 4 noticing
            Last edited by Tzvook55; 07-12-2005, 01:21 PM. Reason: Thank you

Comment

neat
              I have finally defined life!
              "A good learning experience"

Comment

Thank you all for comments
                I fixed a few things, all is better now :-)

Comment

Mmmm...

...I like the idea for the jewellery, but your site is very un-organised and the heirachy brings my brain to overload (where do I look first??), maybe simplifying the info and focussing on smaller bits of info might help?

It just looks kinda generic. Sorry for sounding harsh but this is a crit section, and this is my honest opinion.

I also find your logo is pretty non descript. I just can't see your product ethos in it or any concept what so ever, it just doesn't communicate anything to me.
                  Last edited by Mitch Wood; 07-21-2005, 01:27 PM.
                  Only dead fish follow the current...

Comment

I think the jewelry idea is very creative. I wish I'd have known about this earlier, I could have bought a cool ring for my serial killer Uncle Chester but he burned off his own finger prints a long time ago.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X