Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• mcbennet
    Comment on Feedback for Tea Shop logo?
    mcbennet
    Thanks so much for taking a look! The place is a cozy spot that seats under 25. It's usually quiet between "rush" hours so people like to enjoy a drink and the wi-fi without any disturbance....
    Today, 02:57 AM
  • Elmore
    Reply to Feedback for Tea Shop logo?
    Elmore
    They're all lovely, but I'm concerned that most might be a bit too intricate for a logo. I like the turtle/pot best, but for some reason I want to see his spout on the right side.
    Today, 02:55 AM
  • mcbennet
    mcbennet
    I was trying to avoid a literal approach as the shop's logo is basically just a teapot. It's a small, one of a kind tea shop nestled in with a bunch of big corporate chains so I figured providing some...
    Today, 02:38 AM
  • mcbennet
    mcbennet
    Thanks for the kind words! I felt obligated to come up with a modern, trendy badge logo so it did come out awfully similar to Starbucks. I think I'd like to keep the circle border around the main image...
    Today, 02:34 AM
  • B
    Reply to stumbled upon this place late one night...
    B
    There are some pretty good and knowledgeable people here as well as lots of students, beginners and people just asking questions. It's a good mix of professionals and newbies.

As you've found,...
    Today, 12:12 AM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gallery!

Hi to all! I've been visiting this forum for a while now, but this is the first time I actually post.

I'd like to see what type of constructive criticism or feedback I can get from you guys on my work. For the moment its just my DA gallery (I don't have a site up yet, but I am in the process) which doesnt feature any of my student work, its just digital art I guess you can call it?!

http://allyd.deviantart.com/gallery/
    www.creativefallout.com

Really nice work there Ally. You've got a great sense of colour throughout your gallery. I also like the way that you have a wide variety of pieces that are different but yet have a definite decorative style running through them.

I love 'Lighter' by the way keep it up

Comment

Thankyou! Two things I always want to display in my work are variety and consistency. I try but I know I still have a lot of practice to go...
      www.creativefallout.com

Comment

Good work. Stay versatile though---Ive seen so many graphic designers start out with collages and never grow out if it.

I saw some designs I really liked.
        www.greenthumbcreative.com

Comment

alright! now i feel so inadequate

i'm just going to stay away from that site so i feel better about myself
          Last edited by cjoe; 07-12-2005, 03:49 AM.
          I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

wow

hey ally
            your art was truly amazing and is inspiring
            i was wondering if you could give me a few tips on how to creat desgins and graphics like yours, im just starting out with photoshop and am wanting some new things to try out
            miAtch

Comment

i think i know what you mean! by no means do i think i'm "good" especially when i see others work on there that is sooo creative and flawless. But i think it's a good engine for motivation and inspiration, so thats why I'm still on there :/
              www.creativefallout.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrmiatch
                hey ally
                your art was truly amazing and is inspiring
                i was wondering if you could give me a few tips on how to creat desgins and graphics like yours, im just starting out with photoshop and am wanting some new things to try out
                miAtch
                I appreciate your kind comment! I've been working on photoshop for 2 years, I'm still a student but there's always something new to learn on it...IT NEVER ENDS!! Sure I can give you some tips
                www.creativefallout.com

Comment

very nice work. good eye for composition.

Comment

Collages like this seem very trendy nowadays. You can see relatives of it in places like the the poster for the new Herbie flick, albeit that's done in vector.

I don't let the fact that it's trendy get in the way of liking it. Good job, mate.
                    Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

yea it is quite a trend, it's kind of difficult at times avoiding the MANY trends nowadays. If you think about it, it all kind of is a trend...minimalism, digital collages, paint splatters/drips....Can't help it sometimes! :/

I think the key is executing those trends very well, that will get attention to one's work
                      www.creativefallout.com

Comment

I personally to not prefer the collage type "trendy" method of design.

Setting aside my personal view, i find your compostions and use of color very successfull.

good job.

Comment

nice work ally, now could you help me figure out how to put work up in a gallery on deviant art. I just signed up but can't seem to figure it out.

.....update: I forgot to verify my account, maybe now I got it.
                          Last edited by thf_dakine; 07-14-2005, 02:46 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X