Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• CataclysmX
    Reply to Need advice for logo
    CataclysmX
    What does the organization do? So far its pretty simply and I like it, it seems a bit jagged but maybe that's how it uploaded. I kind of see a D k, and a t just because of how the k connects to the D,...
    Today, 05:43 PM
  • Diggidy
    Graphic Designer for mobile video game
    Diggidy
    We are in need of a Graphic Designer for mobile video game. The game is a 2D platformer style game.
    Please send your resume/website/past work in order to be considered. In return you will be sent...
    Today, 04:30 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    <b>
    That will produce worse results. For example, if you specify the size in which the image displays as 200 x 200 pixels, but you upload a 300 x 300-pixel image, your browser will still need to display that...
    Today, 03:53 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    kemingMatters
    Sorry I'm not familiar with square space, so .svg might not be the answer. Is your MBP at retina model?
    Are you exporting as png from illustrator? have you tried saving for web via photoshop?...
    Today, 03:32 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on High School Football Program
    Cosmo
    Yeah. I can't tell you how many ads I got that was literally four or five photographs cut up with scissors taped to a piece of notebook paper with barely legible handwriting on it. I was always so tempted...
    Today, 03:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gallery!

Hi to all! I've been visiting this forum for a while now, but this is the first time I actually post.

I'd like to see what type of constructive criticism or feedback I can get from you guys on my work. For the moment its just my DA gallery (I don't have a site up yet, but I am in the process) which doesnt feature any of my student work, its just digital art I guess you can call it?!

http://allyd.deviantart.com/gallery/
    www.creativefallout.com

Really nice work there Ally. You've got a great sense of colour throughout your gallery. I also like the way that you have a wide variety of pieces that are different but yet have a definite decorative style running through them.

I love 'Lighter' by the way keep it up

Comment

Thankyou! Two things I always want to display in my work are variety and consistency. I try but I know I still have a lot of practice to go...
      www.creativefallout.com

Comment

Good work. Stay versatile though---Ive seen so many graphic designers start out with collages and never grow out if it.

I saw some designs I really liked.
        www.greenthumbcreative.com

Comment

alright! now i feel so inadequate

i'm just going to stay away from that site so i feel better about myself
          Last edited by cjoe; 07-12-2005, 03:49 AM.
          I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

wow

hey ally
            your art was truly amazing and is inspiring
            i was wondering if you could give me a few tips on how to creat desgins and graphics like yours, im just starting out with photoshop and am wanting some new things to try out
            miAtch

Comment

i think i know what you mean! by no means do i think i'm "good" especially when i see others work on there that is sooo creative and flawless. But i think it's a good engine for motivation and inspiration, so thats why I'm still on there :/
              www.creativefallout.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrmiatch
                hey ally
                your art was truly amazing and is inspiring
                i was wondering if you could give me a few tips on how to creat desgins and graphics like yours, im just starting out with photoshop and am wanting some new things to try out
                miAtch
                I appreciate your kind comment! I've been working on photoshop for 2 years, I'm still a student but there's always something new to learn on it...IT NEVER ENDS!! Sure I can give you some tips
                www.creativefallout.com

Comment

very nice work. good eye for composition.

Comment

Collages like this seem very trendy nowadays. You can see relatives of it in places like the the poster for the new Herbie flick, albeit that's done in vector.

I don't let the fact that it's trendy get in the way of liking it. Good job, mate.
                    Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

yea it is quite a trend, it's kind of difficult at times avoiding the MANY trends nowadays. If you think about it, it all kind of is a trend...minimalism, digital collages, paint splatters/drips....Can't help it sometimes! :/

I think the key is executing those trends very well, that will get attention to one's work
                      www.creativefallout.com

Comment

I personally to not prefer the collage type "trendy" method of design.

Setting aside my personal view, i find your compostions and use of color very successfull.

good job.

Comment

nice work ally, now could you help me figure out how to put work up in a gallery on deviant art. I just signed up but can't seem to figure it out.

.....update: I forgot to verify my account, maybe now I got it.
                          Last edited by thf_dakine; 07-14-2005, 02:46 AM. Reason: update

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X