Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• cdgc
    Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    Looking for some input on this matter.

Many years ago we published a map for railroad enthusiasts that was 1/1 black and folded several times into 3.5" by 9". Nothing all that...
    Today, 09:28 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    Kayekaye
    Better photo, but flip it so the eye travels left to right. Having on the left side it kind of stops the eye there.

Have you not learned about line lengths? This is about 88 characters long....
    Today, 09:14 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to BEST COMPUTER CONFIGURATION FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNERS?
    sketxz!
    So I got the new SSD and it's amazing. It fits in the palm of my hand but so much speed compared to my old one. Here's some graphs of before and after (keep in mind it was a buggy 5 year old drive):...
    Today, 08:43 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    <b>
    It's an interesting-looking graphic, but for the reasons already mentioned, it doesn't really meet the usual requirements of a logo. I'm not a big fan of Lobster either, but that's just me.
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on Too old to switch to the field of graphic art?
    <b>
    Well, I don't know. Increasingly a four-year degree is needed to get past HR hiring requirements in many companies.

Your situation might be a little different, though. You mentioned a background...
    Today, 07:22 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo critique

Hi all,
    I just designed this logo for a web hosting company and would love to get any feedback you have. Thanks in advance!

Brian
    Attached Files

very nice

I really like your use of color.

good job

very successfull

Comment

Will the logo always appear on a pure white background? How will the cast shadow be handled if the background is another colour? If there is to be a white rectangle behind the logo, should the amount of white to the right be reconciled with the white space above the sphere?

How do you feel about the letterspacing? ...especially the "er" and "ur" combinations compared to the "rs"? In the word "wrong" the "wr" sequence is much, much tighter than the "ro".

The cable seems to extend from the right side of the lightning bolt and then curve behind the sphere. Is the other end supposed to be attached to the left side of the lightning or emerge from behind the sphere? If the bottom segment of cable is intended to emerge from behind the sphere, separating it from the lightning bolt might clarify that intent.

The logo has a good, positive feel.
      listen to the barking dogs

Comment

before I comment further I would challenge you to make a black and white 2d version of your logo. This well give you a better feel for composition, and allow you to use it elsewhere besides the web, where it looks like it's intended.
        Less be more.

Comment

I agree with the statements made above.

Also, you will likely want to have a vector (scalable) version of the logo in case the company wants to put the logo on a billboard, or stationery, or coffee mugs, etc.

And make sure that the logo works in black and white, too, in case the company ever wants to run an ad in the newspaper or use it on their faxed correspondence.
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

i think they said all that i thought.
            so ...ditto
            Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments so far...
              I actually created the logo in illustrator so it's already "vectorized," here is the bw version
              Attached Files

Comment

good to know!

I'd just work a bit with the kerning then (as dana pointed out), and call it a day.
                "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

kerning ast dana said, for some reason I really focus in on the white space under both of the r's
                  Less be more.

Comment

I agree with Mynock - the "r" letterforms make the name read weird for me.

For me personally, the icon is a little "swooshy" or cliche for a web based company.

Here's some examples of what I mean:

http://www.thestreet.com/tech/internet/986150.html

http://lekowicz.com/library/logohell/logohell.html

- J.
                    Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
                    Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

The only problem is i have is with the way the lightning bolt transitions with the wire on the bottom left.
                      Attached Files
                      www.greenthumbcreative.com

Comment

To see how NOT to make a logo, visit HERE
                        Last edited by LLama7; 07-27-2005, 08:34 AM. Reason: link revision

Comment

with how the cable meets the bottom of the lightning, you create a tangent that makes it appear that the cable and lightning are connected there.
                          also, when you add the tag, it appears as tho your logo has contracted plopper's disease in that it seems just arbitrarily placed with no real alignment or relation to the logo proper.

just my 2...

good start, tho.
                          Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
                          click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X