• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio website - feedback please!

URL is http://www.brendanstarr.com

Feedback would be much appreciated, thanks guys
    brendanstarrdotcom - design portfolio

Looks good, only complaint is that the buttons along the top (Home, Web, Print, etc.) are too small/thin to be easily read against the background. I think it might be the font, because I had to click into "Identity" to figure out what it was.
    I will grow old but I will never grow up.

Comment

this thread should be in showcase not general
      Less be more.

Comment

I really like the colors and style of your website. But I also agree that the buttons are hard to read.
        ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

I noticed a few alignment issues when viewing in firefox.

I would like to see larger examples of your work, not just thumbnails.
          I'm in agreement with shellebelle, try to make your main nav more readable.
          You might want to look into rollovers for you main navigation.
          You don't know what you don't know.

Comment

Thread moved to the showcase section.

Comment

Looks nice... id consider making it more obvious that you can enlarge the work in a seperate window... those little numbers next to the thumbnail are hard to see.

Nice general look however...

Comment

Thanks guys
                Also, what of the designs themselves?
                brendanstarrdotcom - design portfolio

Comment

I find the type to be a little small, but I can resize in my web browser. I agree with the buttons being a bit difficult to read. I like the overall design and layout.
                  wieNerDog

Comment

Type way to small to read comfortably, and I have better than average eyesight...read the second to last line on the eye chart and half of the bottom line. That said, yer type is to small. Your enlarge image links were not working for your print section, at least in firefox.

Comment

From a quick review, in Safari, there are some alignment issues when viewing samples of your work. I would hesitate to put your own firms logo in the identity section.

Also you logo is real clean looking then the site is designed with a grunge edgy look to it. Remember this is part of your identity, and you need to have a consistant brand. I have struggled with the same problem in the past.

Overall the site is decent, the work is fine. I would prefer to see larger examoples before I comment further. Also if one enlarges the text in safari, the text gets pushed out of view, and there is no scroll bar to get the rest of the info, one has to highlight and drag to read the rest of the copy.
                      all other forms of advertising that fall out of that realm, missed the short bus to design school. - d-frag

Comment

Yes, the navigation was way to small and simple your graphics do not really work along with the theme of your site. It was pretty good though

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X