Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• edz
    Reply to Hello all!
    edz
    Ahhh.... I was wondering why my replies weren't appearing... I replied twice on my thread lol - oops.... off to read the rules
    Today, 08:44 PM
  • edz
    Reply to Flyer looking for improvements
    edz
    Firsly, thanks taking the time to look at my post, let alone the constructive critique

In reply to your points:
    1) These are actually 3 different brides... maybe I...
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • LGWV
    New to the graphic design scene
    LGWV
    Hey all, i'm a high school student hoping to get involved with graphic design so i started researching it and felt overwhelmed. Is there a general place i should start? and is there any advice you guys...
    Today, 08:11 PM
  • magdi_alafifi
    What are the best international graphic design scholarships to pursue right now?
    magdi_alafifi
    So I just finished High school and I'm looking for an international scholarship (the US would be my ideal choice). My GPA is pretty good. I don't have a collected portfolio website but I've done a lot...
    Today, 05:59 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    seamas
    Pretty awful imho.

Outlined font--minor sin

Quasi rainbow gradient --minor to moderate sin the further you move from a children's publication.

Cursive in all-caps--major...
    Today, 04:11 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a name!!!!

ok before the friday post comes out i want to say " i have a name"

Fried Color
    Last edited by vtwin_gary; 07-15-2005, 03:10 PM.
    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

sweet, let's see a logo :P
    Fried Green Colors?
    Less be more.

Comment

this is almost done....
      what cha think?

Comment

doesn't appeal to me, don't know quite why yet.
        I think you could go for an asymmetrical balance, but you're not there yet.
        I'm not sold on the star.
        3 fonts is a little busy, or like 3 different designs. If you plan on doing this tie them together some how.
        I see coca cola when I see "Color"

my four cents
        Less be more.

Comment

hmm it isn't aesthetically *un*pleasing but...can't really equate 5 sided star with: Fried Colour, nor can I see the significance or need for a script font with 'Color'
          My head hurts
          ....................( I )
          ...................Ω

Comment

I think of eggs.

That could be a neat concept!
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

not bad, but explain it Why did you used that lil red outlined star in the i, why choose black/white/red theme... you know... brief us
              Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder !

Comment

maybe this thread needs to be moved to showcase?

Comment

You shouldn't need to explain a logo. It's nicely put together but on the design itself there are too many fonts. I know you can do way better than this. It's not ugly but it isn't inspiring. You have a cool name now let's see a cool logo. Think of a concept instead of putting some cool text together. Brainstorm, brainstorm, brainstorm. You can do better!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops
                    not bad, but explain it ... you know... brief us
                    the name itself....a friend was talking about her hair (by talking i mean complaining, & by hair i mean mop on her head) and she said look at this fried color.

red, black & white....not sure why i choose these colors it's what i want to use on my web site. (i'll post that as i get started)

star...my first boss used a star in his logo & it upset him every time a competitor used a star in anything (he thought he owned the star) so i felt like i just had to have a star.

coke?....it's not the same font but they have a pretty sucsessfull logo.

design & printing...is not really part of the logo & i probably shouldn't have put it here so disreguard that for now.

oh i'm not done...it's a work in progress so please beat it up & let me know what you think

Comment

I agree with Kieth you should not have to explain a logo. It should either explain itself or create intrigue. The colors are good, they will always work well together and not get outdated. Oh, my office uses those colors, plus gray, but that would be too much in a logo and card. Congrats on choosing a name.
                      Steve Chittenden

Graphic design, web design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
                      -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X