drawing people with gestures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawing people with gestures

Hello every one.i am doing an educational project.I need a solution to how to draw people with different gestures for specific dialogue.please suggest best solution according to you experience.if there is anyone who can do this please reply.Thanks!

Hi save, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll find it useful and fun here.

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Welcome to GDF!

I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean, "you need a solution on how to draw .... "

Do you draw? Because, unless I'm missing something, if you need to draw something, you need to learn how to draw... ??
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Take reference photos and draw from them. Even the Marvel comic guys use reference photos.

Comment

• PanToshi
          PanToshi commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I am so dense sometimes! I get the OP's question now

To the OP, I agree. Get a friend and take a bunch of photos of him/her making the gestures/postures you want for your project. Then, use those photos as reference for your drawings/illustrations.
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I used to be a member of a site that had several nude models on a pedestal. You would choose the model you wanted then you could move the pedestal whichever way you wanted. The models also moved in various ways. Once you found the exact pose, hit pause on the pedestal and you have your reference. I wish I could remember the site - it was out of France. Figured it was worth mentioning, though, that they are out there.
          You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Thanks everyone! for useful information.

Comment

I'm not at all an illustrator, but I found this article informative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesture_drawing
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Yep, taking photos are a good idea and if you're going as detailed as facial expressions, use a mirror. All my animator friends have a mirror attached to their drawing tables. It's not vanity, it's reference.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

All great suggestions. Also, take a seat in a public space and get to sketching. Strangers usually aren't too put out if you draw them if it's in the name of art.
                  The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Andrew Loomis books are classics. There is one book in which he explores all sorts of expressions and gestures, if I remember correctly. If you can find them at a local library. There was a brief time that some became "public domain" and were available online for at time, but then that was disputed by the family I think.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X