Illustration Photograph question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustration Photograph question

Ok this is a silly question, but I figured my smart peeps here would know and not be too judgmental on my lack of knowledge base

When I am looking for inspiration or just work to admire, I will see these great designs that are look almost photoshopped. They are usually hand drawn typography or illustrations.

Are these just cleaned off before added to a portfolio? If not, wow, I have a long, long, long way to go. I erase quite a bit and I never see any imperfections when designers photograph their sketches.

I added a photo for reference in what I am talking about. It's pen and ink, but you see the same thing with pencil shadings.

Your posted sample doesn't look photoshopped to me. It's just skill that comes with practice, practice and more practice.
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• Michah99
      Michah99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shooooot. I have a long way to go Thanks Pan. P.S. every time I see your icon I crave toast.

That example is gorgeous.

I'm sure with enough practice you should be able to get there. Most designers cannot and are not required to do this kind of work. Even if we all drool over it
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Michah99
      Michah99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes drooling or spooling because I am spitting with envy....

That's by Martin schmetzer and it's usually all pencil sketched. Usually people draw it up, take it PS to just adjust the contrast and some threshold maybe but that's about it. The reason why it's so clean is because it's done twice. A rough for the sketch and then traced for the original piece. He could've possibly used a ruler for the stems of some letters to keep it straight but the rest is prolly all just plain hand draw.
    Last edited by illustrative; 08-06-2013, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X