Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find the right colors

Hello !

I'm making some illustrations of the new seven wonders of the world. Today I started with the chichén itza, But I can't find the right colors to make it look good.
    Some tips ?

and I'm new so I hope this is the right spot to post it

Welcome to GDF Segaert

What makes a certain color "right"? That would depend on what you, the artist wants to portray. Is your illustration realistic? Or whimsical? Vibrant or Muted? These decisions and more are in the hands of the artist.

Illustration is art versus design. What you do in terms or style, color and composition is purely subjective. How I would draw and/or color an illustration would differ from you or any other individual - and they would all be valid.

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic and post multiple times if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Pan's right, the color and style is up to you. Some tips on color combinations, though, try https://kuler.adobe.com or this blog: http://www.onextrapixel.com/2013/10/...color-schemes/ - just find something that inspires you if you're at a loss.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

There's also ColourLovers.

I adore picking colours. I could do it all day. Then tomorrow I'd pick fonts.

Another option is to select a photo or a painting that has greaty colours and use the colours from that. There are various online apps that will do that for you, like Pictaculous.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Colors, probably more than anything else, help determine the emotional tone of piece of artwork. I usually imagine the emotional qualities I want the piece to convey to the viewer, then pick the colors accordingly.

Comment

...and not whether or not to establish a tonal range of color(s).

http://painting.about.com/od/colourt...assTones_4.htm

But hey, why bother? Flatten everything to the picture plain and crush the perspective ...paint the thing a fluorescent pink and move on to the other six wonders of the world and do the same

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
              Critique Please?
              Glitchin
              Hello everyone,

I am in the process of designing a logo for a political lobbying group. The initials of the group are CF.

I will be submitting several design options, one of...
              Today, 11:19 AM
            • Compedro
              Fuzzy text in quarkxpress
              Compedro
              My text is slightly in quark, can someone please help me how to fix it.
              Today, 10:25 AM
            • o0MSK0o
              Reply to Portfolio Design Critique
              o0MSK0o
              Hi, KitchWitch.

Thanks for the information.

If I were confident in my abilities, I wouldn't be asking for a critique here :P I know I'm crap, but I want to improve, so I want...
              Today, 10:22 AM
            • Not_a_Designer
              Printing on Acetate/Film for Screen Printing
              Not_a_Designer
              Hi Guys,

I have been a long time lurker on this Prepress forum for some time and I think I finally have a interesting topic to discuss.

I'm researching a possible replacement...
              Today, 08:07 AM
            • Danya
              Reply to How much does photoshop cost
              Danya
              Hi, tell me what wrong with me?
              Today, 07:48 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X