Some of my sketches, my true passion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my sketches, my true passion!

Though I have worked briefly in the graphic arts field prior to joining the military, I have always been passionate about drawing / pencil sketching. It's a way of relaxation for me. I can sketch, erase, sketch erase, rework, spend hours with paper nubs and kneaded rubber to get that perfect shading / blended look. It's a good stress reducer

I don't have many of my sketches scanned but here are a couple (both were 11x14 original):

Here are a couple more:

Comment

Generally the above shows you ve got a good base in proportion for human and animals

in my opinion, your sketch can be improved if you can make the contrast stronger, you may make use of a darker pencil to fill the shading area to make the visual impact stronger!

Comment

Practice drawing or painting your curtains or blankets. You shade in the folds correctly but the way the folds themselves wrap on top of the lady's arm looks really unnatural. (click link) You'll notice how the lines motion and how smooth it looks.

Comment

Eh! sorry the link doesn't work. =P
          Attached Files

Comment

• KitchWitch
            KitchWitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Just add links to the body of the comment, like you did here. The other link function does not work properly (as you found out).

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
          Reply to Poster for a school project
          B
          A beach party poster really ought to show a beach. Also, there's insufficient contrast between the text and the background. The darkness of the photo makes it look a bit gloomy.
          Today, 04:04 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Best Computer
          PrintDriver
          Yah, Adobe programs try to leverage the graphics card, but the attempt is often problematic. I have GPU enhance shut off on all my Adobe programs.
          Any new computer will run Creative Cloud. If it's...
          Today, 03:26 PM
        • PrintDriver
          PrintDriver
          You need to fix the border so that the corners are the same. There should be a button to click for that in Illustrator. In Indesign it is automatic.

If you were trying for an optical illusion...
          Today, 03:21 PM
        • Troep
          Troep
          got some problems with saving the file...
          Today, 02:40 PM
        • Troep
          Poster for a school project
          Troep
          What do you think about my poster that i have made for a school project

Today, 02:36 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X