Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small castle village illustration

Hello,
    I'm graphic designer and self-taught artist and this is my first print digital illustration. i wanted through this piece to apply some art principles i have learned so far, i like to use vibrant color and im huge fan of neo-impressionism art movement :-) i need your opinion or advice.

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BennisKunstler; 07-17-2014, 07:30 AM.

It's got an interesting aesthetic, I think it lacks depth though. The bay and beach really flatten it out. You might do well to crop off the bottom quarter of the piece.

Remember high contrast brings things forward, low contrast pushes them backwards. The sky could use a little layering/texture, it looks pretty flat and the colour is somewhat melancholic for my taste. That's about as much advice I can give you on it.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Since you've started this thread, I'm going to close the previous thread you had about this illustration. http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...e-illustration
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X