No announcement yet.

Digital Illustration vs. "Photobashing"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess this thread passed me by back in '15. Since there is a recurring unfamiliarity with the term "photobashing," I'll contribute some context:

It may well be passť by now, but back in some day or other, the bashing of anything simply meant "mixing." I recognize the concept from my days building scale models, when kit modelers would combine parts from 2 or more kits—kitbashing— to make something that couldn't otherwise exist. An extreme example would be, say, a military helicopter with a boat-like amphibious belly section, sporting tank tracks. (I've actually seen that one.) More commonly, custom car enthusiasts would come up with creative ways to seamlessly attach the front end of one car to the rear of another. I remember seeing a 'Vette-rrari with the nose of a Stingray and the wide ass-end of a modern Testarossa. I never indulged, but I believe it was more of a workmanship challenge than anything that would have real-world meaning or purpose; I suppose much like "photobashing."
    Last edited by HotButton; 01-12-2017, 07:46 AM.
    Coming to you from sunny America, where freedom, solvency, and now the presidency,
    are all unsurreptitiously counterfeited for your entertainment.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• eyoungren
      Reply to Hi from Phoenix!
      eyoungren
      Well, thanks! I appreciate that. I try to help and I try to learn. It looks like there are several people here I can learn from so right now I'm enjoying myself....
      Today, 03:19 PM
    • Possumgal
      Reply to Hi from Phoenix!
      Possumgal
      Hi, eyoungren. I've seen you on other forums for years, and I know you'll be a great addition to this one. You always give really useful and knowledgeable advice.
      Today, 02:14 PM
    • Obsidian86
      Reply to How to change the size of this slogan on Wordpress?
      Obsidian86
      You can edit the template CSS on line 944

.site-description {
      position: absolute;
      bottom: 24px;
      left: 145px;
      margin: 0;
      padding: 0;
      Today, 11:04 AM
    • B
      Comment on Need help creating a template
      B
      We use InCopy at work on several recurring publication projects. It does a good job of separating out the complexity of InDesign from the simple word processing functionality needed by copy editors. It...
      Today, 09:55 AM
    • HotButton
      Reply to InDesign file frozen!
      HotButton
      Adding to PrintDriver's list...

4. I don't remember if Preflight is active by default, but if it's running with a file that large open, it's repeatedly "checking" the whole thing,...
      Today, 09:28 AM
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X