Illustration Trace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustration Trace

How to draw illustration exactly like this and any good resource to learn to trace images to look like the attached image?
    Attached Files

Hi Nick and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I would learn to use the pen tool in Illustrator.
      There are plenty of tutorials, but one of the best ways to learn it is by tracing simply shapes and then progressively working on more and more complex ones. One exercise is to trace lettering--especially cursive logos, etc.

Learn about compound paths and ways to use the pathfinder tool.
      Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

In addition to the Pen Tool, it is a good thing to learn to use the Variable Stroke tool. That is my new favorite Illustrator tool right after the pen tool.

These were probably sketched and scanned first. If I were going to do these, I would sketch and ink them first, then scan and bring into Photoshop for tracing on a good contrast image. Once the work path is set in Photoshop, I'd export just the path and bring it into Illustrator for finishing.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X