adult colouring book Line Drawings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adult colouring book Line Drawings

Hi. I have noticed adult colouring books are everywhere. I am relatively new to graphic design, and I was wondering how people create these abstract line drawings. They don't look like they are drawn by hand. I tried to make one, but I can't keep my mouse steady for the minute details. Is there a "special" mouse, like a stylus that would do this? Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Looks hand drawn to me. Hand drawn with a pen, that is.

http://katiendunphy.artpickle.com/
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Lots of detail in the example. But the lack of precision is characteristic of hand drawings.

If you want to create patterns like that using computers, you have to know the math behind the patterns to make it precise. Else it's faster to do by hand but not as precise.

Comment

A lot of them seem to be based on spirograph techniques.
        Others are more likely done with pen and ink rather than a computer program. Perhaps drawing by stylus too.

Comment

I would hand draw this too. I used to keep a book with me and fill it up with doodles not too different from this.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Yes it looks hand drawn and this can be done on paper and scanned to the computer, better still, directly on a tablet or iPad which is much easier than trying to do line work with a mouse.

Comment

Hi Linda and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I think that initially most coloring book artists would create their pages by hand, but I've noticed more and more artists switching to digital. It's a growing trend to see these authors live-stream their page creation on Facebook. It looks like most of them are using Wacom tablets to do this. I've seen a couple of these videos where the artists are using Cintiqs, so you know their books must be selling pretty well!

Comment

The sample you posted is a doodle. I see those books all the time too, and I find it amazing that someone (many people) figured out how to turn a buck from their doodles. They're fun to draw...just get a black fine art pen and some decent paper and go for it.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
                    Reply to Illustrator - Recolouring a vector remains in grayscale
                    KitchWitch
                    Hi Keluitry and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                    Today, 07:39 AM
                  • KitchWitch
                    Reply to Career advice
                    KitchWitch
                    Hi Virindi and welcome to GDF.

I agree with PD, job titles differ from one place to another now. The word associate could mean you're a junior-level designer, or it could mean you're a partner...
                    Today, 07:36 AM
                  • KitchWitch
                    Reply to Copyright question - images taken from other websites
                    KitchWitch
                    I'm not a lawyer and not in Australia, so I can only tell you what I would do here in the U.S. I would contact both websites asking permission to use those photos and how they would like them credited....
                    Today, 07:31 AM
                  • mixlikes
                    Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
                    mixlikes
                    The website is good with high download speed. As well site is neat and clean.
                    Today, 07:14 AM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Reply to Career advice
                    PrintDriver
                    Titles mean nothing any more. When little Johnny's mummy and daddy are calling his boss after 6 months wondering why little Johnny hasn't been promoted yet, job titles tend to get created. (No joke. I've...
                    Today, 06:21 AM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X