Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name for art website

Hi All,

I do graphic design but I also do fine art. I was going to put both my graphic design and artwork under the one domain but I guess I should just link both sites. My name is already taken as a domain name (Charmian Stewart) and I would be worried that people would end up at the wrong site because many people see my name and think it is Charmaine. I often have people call me Charm because they cannot pronounce my name (it is pronounced Shar-me-yan). I was thinking of going with charmart. I know people don't life to type long names but I am wondering if sounds too cheesy and not professional? I don't know if putting art or artist after my name might be too long? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Charmart sounds like a BBQ store.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Yeah that's a tough one because it reads "char mart" rather than "charm art" -- how about charm-art or charmstewart?
      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

If you have a fear that people will go to the wrong site knowing your name, why involve your name at all? If you brand yourself under a studio name you may have better results in that single area of focus.

Anything with ''mart'' in it sounds cheap. Walmart immediately comes to mind. Or any of the gas-station ''marts'' out there with roller food and dirty restrooms.

Aim higher.

Comment

• KitchWitch
          KitchWitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Mmmm, roller food...

• HotButton
          HotButton commented
          Editing a comment
          Goddamn Tornados.

To avoid confusion with char mart, you could always take some liberties with the capitalization and spell it CharmArt.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X