Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name for art website

Hi All,

I do graphic design but I also do fine art. I was going to put both my graphic design and artwork under the one domain but I guess I should just link both sites. My name is already taken as a domain name (Charmian Stewart) and I would be worried that people would end up at the wrong site because many people see my name and think it is Charmaine. I often have people call me Charm because they cannot pronounce my name (it is pronounced Shar-me-yan). I was thinking of going with charmart. I know people don't life to type long names but I am wondering if sounds too cheesy and not professional? I don't know if putting art or artist after my name might be too long? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Charmart sounds like a BBQ store.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Yeah that's a tough one because it reads "char mart" rather than "charm art" -- how about charm-art or charmstewart?
      You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

If you have a fear that people will go to the wrong site knowing your name, why involve your name at all? If you brand yourself under a studio name you may have better results in that single area of focus.

Anything with ''mart'' in it sounds cheap. Walmart immediately comes to mind. Or any of the gas-station ''marts'' out there with roller food and dirty restrooms.

Aim higher.

Comment

• KitchWitch
          KitchWitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Mmmm, roller food...

• HotButton
          HotButton commented
          Editing a comment
          Goddamn Tornados.

To avoid confusion with char mart, you could always take some liberties with the capitalization and spell it CharmArt.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kdigennaro
          Reply to Feedback for a poster design
          Kdigennaro
          I like that you are answering the 'why' questions. Why is the text background red, why are you using the crumbled paper texture etc.

This shows that you are thinking threw what you are doing...
          Today, 08:38 PM
        • Kdigennaro
          What - If any - Certifications are taken seriously these days?
          Kdigennaro
          Hey guys,

I have been designing for about 10 years now as a freelancer and am entertaining the idea of trying to find a job at a creative firm. Right now I'm building my resume and portfolio...
          Today, 07:30 PM
        • Kdigennaro
          Reply to Business card logo feedback
          Kdigennaro
          Hey @someguy,

Thanks for sharing your designs! I would encourage and challenge you to try to narrow your design focus. Right now none of the designs are 'bad' but none are 'good'. Design,...
          Today, 07:10 PM
        • someguy
          Business card logo feedback
          someguy
          Hi all,

Got some really smart and creative advice on some early business card designs from this forum, went away and worked on one of the designs and two new ones.

Could I ask...
          Today, 11:56 AM
        • nes_bambi
          Feedback for a poster design
          nes_bambi
          Hi all, I am very new to graphics design and I am currently taking my first ever elective in design.

Here is the brief for my assignment:

This studio project explores typography...
          Today, 09:38 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X