• Show
Clear All

• Text effect!

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagem_20_original.png
Views:	1
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	21724

How could I get this text effect "automatic" without the need to draw each letter?

[in Illustrator, Corel Draw or Xara]

Well, there's the envelope distort menu item in Illustrator that has several options for achieving this kind of thing (well, sort of).

There are also various other methods and plug-ins of various kinds for different software applications.

The results from any of these techniques or plugins vary and almost always involve unsightly distortions of one sort or another. Better, but more time-consuming, results can be achieved through doing it by hand and making those necessary aesthetic decisions that your computer software can't make for you.

Comment

The Warp choices sometimes do this better than envelope.

Comment

Hi Yashyn and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• kaila58
          Reply to Portfolio critique
          kaila58
          Good point, but in my opinion it's distracting in a portfolio and lacks attention to detail when displaying work.
          Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Portfolio critique
          PrintDriver
          Ha, I noticed the printing and registration marks and thought it refreshing to see a designer who knows to include them....
          Yesterday, 10:00 PM
        • B
          Reply to Is my job keeping me from doing good work?
          B
          One of the problems with in-house situations is that, as often as not, the upper management's expertise lies in areas other than marketing, communication or creative. Worse still, is that they don't know...
          Yesterday, 10:00 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Designer input for a card sort activity!
          PrintDriver
          Envato? Really? LOL

Y'all sure this ain't an ad?...
          Yesterday, 09:58 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Is my job keeping me from doing good work?
          PrintDriver
          This might come across as a snobbish perspective. And I do work in a very weird corner of the design industry, where the theatrical/digital/print world all intersect.
          That said...
          When our...
          Yesterday, 09:51 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X