Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• UncleWally
    Comment on A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    UncleWally
    You bring up a great point, Cause telephone books really are all they know… It's been a great learning process for all of us involved.

Also another great point with good design staying...
    Today, 03:43 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Hot Topics
    seamas
    I like that they are clean overall, but the illustrations lack consistency.

Some of them are flat and simple (like the globe, etc), while when it comes to the laptop and the smartphone you...
    Today, 03:40 PM
  • UncleWally
    Comment on A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    UncleWally
    I'd say yes and no… I say yes, cause we [could] do it and have little problems with it, but no because management likes to have their finger in it (not in a micro-managing way, they like to know...
    Today, 03:38 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Hot Topics
    kemingMatters
    I looked at a few slides,
    IMHPO the illustrations are your typical office clip art and the additional fire elements seem to muddy the concepts the illustrations are trying to convey, they also add...
    Today, 03:18 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Company Logo Rebranding Critique
    kemingMatters
    Like the tags they very apparently attached to, I would suggest alternatives and explain why they would be more suitable for this application.
    Today, 03:04 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The noh8 drawings

Im quite a noob to draw thing
    but I did try a little
    so please give me some feedback ...

To support gay love. This is not only about NOH8, but also about a dream. As you can see that, in the character 8, theres a cross standing on the edge of a shape of M, which stands for mercy. The blank space means we still get the times to change everything. This world is totally unfair in my mind, what you give isnt what you get. As we both know, its hard to change the world, or how things go in someones eyes. Thank you so much.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...rm2o2_1280.jpg
    http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...rm2o3_1280.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...rm2o4_1280.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...rm2o5_1280.jpg

nice stuff gloriacy

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Hi, are these art pieces or will they be used to create a logo eventually?
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I wish so, but honestly I created them for nothing...
        But Im still working on the "8" cuz I wanna fill them up
        I'm really depressed now ...

Comment

Without goals, you're just floating.

Make some real design and learning goals. Even if they are just baby steps, you'll feel better when you reach them. You're getting depressed before you've even entered the ring.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Gloriacy,

Don't know what to make of your drawings but I have to say I'm more concerned about your immediate mental health. You've only made 3 posts here so far, but you've mentioned the fact that you're 'really depressed' in two of them.

Don't want to come down heavy on you right off the batch, but please -- if you're seriously needing help and support for serious personal problems, don't go it alone. There's help out there. Drawing can be a great way to find some refuge and/or calm -- but you sound like you might need a lot more than that.

If not, then I apologize for bringing it up.

As for unfairness, yeah -- it sucks. But it's not exactly new. Ready for a little humour? It's a little bleak I know, but... it's from the Onion:

Life Unfair
            ISSUE 31•16 | 04.30.97 | News in Brief
            EARTH—For the 50 billionth consecutive week since its inception, life was revealed to be unfair Monday. Death and suffering continued to be dispersed randomly among the planet's life forms, with such potentially mitigating factors as solid community standing, genetic superiority, and previous good works in no way taken into account. Despite the efforts of the Code of Hamurabi, the U.S. Bill of Rights, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, life is expected to remain unfair far into the foreseeable future.

Comment

Thanks for telling that....
              But, I don't really know where I should go and design for
              Cuz mainly I'm a student and I don't have more budget to spend on it
              So the thing I can really think of is only drawing on paper or the computer
              Can you guys give me a idea?
              I mean a title, or just a simple word, that would be cool... please?
              Cuz I really feel like I'm floating now,
              Btw, can you teach me how to find a goal? please?

Comment

My guess is that you're in high school, right? Does the school or the board offer any programs/activities for the artistically inclined?

The finding of goals is often very difficult. They can be elusive, hard to confirm, and almost ninja-like in their ability to vanish.

One of the big traps that many young goal-seekers fall into is mistaking a drive for perfection as a goal. It's not. A goal is more of a triangulation point -- which is why it's often good to have at least two. This will give you a very useful perspective on where you are, where you've been, and where you're headed.

To start, try to find some time and space in your life to explore what motivates you most, and really try and work out what it is about that activity or interest that makes it do that. The brain, heart and body all have passions -- some shared, some totally different. But if you can get your brain to trust what the heart is telling it, and your heart to really work with the brain -- you can usually count on the body to muck it all up for you in the end. Meh. Some people are strong goal-setters. We admire them for this. Others (like moi) respect the power of goals, but enjoy taking the scenic route, when things get sufficiently distracting. For me, it's the process as much as the results. No, it's more like, the process -- screw the results.

But everyone is different. A perfect world dictates imperfect beings. My Zen moment for this morning (see what giving up caffeine can do?).

"Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems, in my opinion, to characterize our age." --Albert Einstein

Einstein is a great guy to study for goals. The more I learn about him the more I respect him. Not for being a genius 'standard', but more for never claiming to be one. And for being the first to admit that his success was built more on stubbornness than anything else. It's true.

He admitted himself that his math skills weren't capable of answering these simple, but fundamentally powerful questions he had come up with, and so he basically haunted mathematician conferences until by sheer persistence the minds who were able to help him caved in and tutored him to the level where he could make progress. That's all there was to it. His goal was really to just answer these simple enough sounding questions. He did not 'inherit' math skills. He did not show a lot of enthusiasm for science in school. He did show a lot of stubbornness though. And applied stubbornness, when applied to FINDING ANSWERS to something that really, really bugs you? That's a highly under-rated source of success and happiness.

What would you really like to get an answer to? What is your ultimate question? Start thinking about that and see where it gets you.

And keep a sense of humour. Einstein also had a lot of that.

”All I have is the stubbornness of a mule. No, it is not quite all. I also have a nose.”
                - Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by gloriacy View Post
                  Thanks for telling that....
                  But, I don't really know where I should go and design for
                  Cuz mainly I'm a student and I don't have more budget to spend on it
                  So the thing I can really think of is only drawing on paper or the computer
                  Can you guys give me a idea?
                  I mean a title, or just a simple word, that would be cool... please?
                  Cuz I really feel like I'm floating now,
                  Btw, can you teach me how to find a goal? please?
                  A few ideas:

For practice with design you could always try out some of the Design Challenges posted right here on GDF.

You might also enjoy the website Illustration Friday, which posts a new topic every week.

And if you're looking for software to practice with, there's a list of free open source design software posted here.

When setting goals, an important thing to consider is that you don't set goals that are too vague or too difficult, or you won't even know where to begin in your quest to reach them. Bob has some great ideas (of course ), but you might also enjoy this article: 12 Things Successful People Do Differently. The very first point addresses the setting and achieving of goals.

I hope that helps some!
                  Last edited by morea; 04-18-2012, 09:52 PM.
                  "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X