Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to doubt in designing a logo for web and print
    Buda
    As the others have already said, DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP FOR LOGOS!!!!

Now that is out of the way, you have a few options. Learn to use Illustrator, or combine forces with a graphic designer...
    Today, 10:03 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    Buda
    I think it's lacking in punctuation....unless you are going for that broken English look?

My advice is to show only 1 sentence per grouping. That way you don't have to worry about punctuation...
    Today, 09:58 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    Buda
    What is the average salary in India?

Salaries vary so much and depend on: location, skill level, demand, company. A print designer in one state is can be paid a different salary to another...
    Today, 09:56 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Mentor or college degree?
    Buda
    I don't think this point should be the deciding factor. Have a look at the course curriculum as well as the student work.

Although at this stage, you might not understand what a good course...
    Today, 09:51 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Your Workflow when creating Ads, Posters, etc...
    Buda
    Hi Ivan, it depends on the project for sure.

I always think it is a good idea to start with quick thumbnail sketches. It helps to fully understand a brief and make sure you don't leave out...
    Today, 09:47 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! This is the first scratch art I've done of someone I know!
    You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

It's beautiful!

blog/portfolio

Comment

Very nice! I bet he'll love it.

Comment

Cornfed, that's a great likeness of Goldman. You did a wonderful job capturing his spirit, too. He'll love it!
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Thanks! These are so fun to make. I'm ready to start my next one. It's going to be on 11x14. I haven't done one bigger than 8x8 yet.
            You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Wow, I never noticed this thread before, So much awesomeness! I've never heard of this scratch art, either. Very cool!!
              “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I hadn't thought much about scratch art or known it was something I could readily buy supplies for until I was depressed and impulse buying in Michael's! I recently bought some official scratch board scratching tools that are supposed to give different effects. I don't care for them that much and think I'm gonna stick with just my 4 prong tip scratcher and x-acto.

The cool thing about scratch art, also, is that it's cheap! The boards are only about $4 without a Michaels coupon! I never go in Michael's without some form of a coupon, usually the 40% one, so that puts the boards at less than $3.

Comment

CF your skills make me jealous girl!

You really did a nice job

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Thanks kittie! He loved it and was all teary and sweet! He already picked his spot to hang it in his kitchen! The kitchen around here is like the living room in most places!

Aside from the satisfaction of making someone so special to me happy, I also benefited by getting to eat stewed okra that was picked this morning with sausage that was smoked up the road, eggs gathered from the yard that morning, freshly picked cucumbers and bell peppers with a yummy pickle/pepper sauce on the side...of course made from garden fresh pickles, bell peppers, potatoes, onions, celery, garlic and vinegar. I also got to take leftovers and pecans that were roasted in an orange juice/brown sugar combo (you guessed it...from the pecan tree out back!), and two pieces of cake...all made by his lovely creole wife! Then we jammed to a bunch of old creole tunes.

Comment

I'm even more jealous now lol

sounds like a really lovely time CF .... I'm so glad you had fun. I would soooo love some of those pecans right now

Comment

oh yum!

Comment

Cornfed love your work. I like the liveliness of your lines.

I was introduced to scratch art through an illustration course in college. Haven't done any since though. The final was to do one image in all the mediums we had covered. (watercolor, watercolor with ink, ink, colored pencil, cut paper) We had I think 2 images to choose from to illustrate. I chose the burger. Don't remember the other choice. This was done with x-acto knife. If I recall almost everyone used that as their scratch tool.

Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -- Scott Adams

Comment

Thanks derfs!

Your's looks pretty cool! The strokes on the lettuce are really nice and so are the seeds! Interesting assignment, too.

This thread is swaying towards food!

Comment

I want to do some scratch art now

That is awesome Derfs!

I'm not very good at it ... but, that's never stopped me before

Comment

Thanks cornfed and Kitty!

I look at it now and see all kinds of things to improve. The assignment I thought at the time tedious. But there is something cool in seeing the same image done in multiple mediums. Also interesting to see how everyone else handled the same image.
                                Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -- Scott Adams

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X