X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrations for iambunny

OK girl here you go - here's an illustration I just did for a winefest

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Whoa. Makes me want to visit, and I don't even like wine! Looks so fantastic I have to ask: is this a real place?

Comment

tanx honey

the vineyard is one place and the red rocks are pretty much in my back yard

...artists license and all that

Comment

WOW.

And I don't mean some online game.

Comment

Wow that is gorgeous! Makes me want to go get a glass of wine... :P I love seeing everyone's work. Art is so wonderful.

Just today actually, my dad told me on the phone that my mom had showed him two of my drawings that I did recently. He couldn't believe how good they were and was raving about it. It seriously brought tears to my eyes because I've never felt like my dad was proud of me, especially after I dropped out of my last college (not for grades, mind you, just wanted to change paths). I am so happy today after hearing that though. Makes me feel like I'm truly on the right path now.

Okay enough sappy bunnies. Carry on commenting on this wonderful illustration!
          "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

That's a very nice watercolor Rachel! Lots of detail, but not the slightest hint of being overworked. Beautiful!

Comment

I always find it amazing how such a subtle thing like the 'tooth' of a watercolour paper can still make it through the digitizing to screen process.

Lovely stuff Ms. Boop!

Comment

Nice work Rachel

Comment

There is something precious about water colour and paper texture. I hardly see it anymore.

It will be a sad day when a noob pops in and asks "Wow! What Photoshop filter is that!?!?
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

well thanks gang, that really makes me feel good coming from you... really

Comment

Late to the party, but have to agree: It's gorgeous!
                      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

aw shucks g

Comment

Quite lovely. This is one of my favorite styles of rendering: strong shapes with subtle gradations within those shapes.

If you don't mind my asking, in putting down the washes for the rock formation, did you make different light and dark areas or did you make the whole thing the earthy pink color and then add the shadows on top?
                          People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
                          -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Thanks Norbert... I build my watercolors, first I put down the lightest pink over the entire rock area (color of reflected light), and then keep layering on top of that, darker areas not in shadow, then the shadows then the darks in the shadows.... then I mess with it (cause it never quite works out) This way the colors stay unified.

Comment

Rachel...this is incredible!!! I love it. I am in the very beginning processes of learning watercolors. Now, I have something to strive for.
                              "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X