Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Design Quotes
    salsa
    They want you to do a mock quote and didn't tell you how to do it? That's strange that they would even do this because there are a lot of steps in the real world of business that you have to go through...
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to New Logo for a Glass Bottle Cutting Device
    Buda
    I don't see any progression. It's the same concept.

Try and work on some more interesting concepts.

Things to think about:
    Who is the target market?
    What is the...
    Today, 01:51 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    Buda
    What is your background? Are you a student or a designer?

These don't look like real logos to me because they can't be used in the real world. It looks like you have thought up concepts but...
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to (Possibly) doing a commission for the first time, need intro
    Buda
    Just curious if you are thinking of using copyright and trademarked comic book and movie characters in your design?
    Today, 01:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Design Quotes
    Buda
    Hi c_fowler336 and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain...
    Today, 01:37 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hot dog vs. condiments one is one of my favorites. So's the lobster on the beach. The mussels are dancing away, unaware that the lemon is running at them with a cocktail fork.

I wasn't especially happy with the baby's face either. Too small for the body and looks more like a toddler. Some of my co-workers were a little weirded out by it too.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel B View Post
      Virgo that is brilliant! I bet it keeps them from shattering as well
      I tried to be gentle with them, but hey did still break sometimes. They never flat-out shattered though.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Wow, very nice display boards, Virgo. I like the lobster barkeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post

I wasn't especially happy with the baby's face either. Too small for the body and looks more like a toddler. Some of my co-workers were a little weirded out by it too.
          Don't sweat it--you are in good company!
          Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
            We have some US-Colonial-era paintings in the STL Art Museum that are horrifying.
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
              There is some seriously f-ed up shit in that collection. Like, I get paintings of mothers breast-feeding their babes, but holy fountain of lactation on some of those!

blog/portfolio

Comment

Stuff like this is what I use as evidence to counter any sentiment that "things were better back when…"

Comment

There is some seriously f-ed up shit in that collection. Like, I get paintings of mothers breast-feeding their babes, but holy fountain of lactation on some of those!
                  And here I was about to click that link at work. I'm always paranoid that IT is watching me secretly. Don't know how they'd feel about a holy fountain of lactation.
                  "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

Originally posted by iambunny View Post
                    And here I was about to click that link at work. I'm always paranoid that IT is watching me secretly. Don't know how they'd feel about a holy fountain of lactation.

Unsure if it is really all that NSFW.

Just about every thing on that link is in a reputable museum--or Catholic Church.

(it's all Renaissance paintings --but ones featuring ugly babies and other strange things)

Comment

I dunno. Several streams of white stuff emanating from one exposed nipple into the mouths of a bunch of surrounding miniature men?

blog/portfolio

Comment

I dunno. Several streams of white stuff emanating from one exposed nipple into the mouths of a bunch of surrounding miniature men?
                        I just started looking at this now that I'm home from work. I'm actually really glad I didn't check it out at work. I know it's art, but my desk isn't really that private, and the swan rape would lead to even more awkward questions than the fountain of lactation.

Comment

Actually I'm really glad that I wasn't looking at this at work. I'm literally crying from the laughter. Thank you so much seamas!

Comment

Originally posted by iambunny View Post
                            Actually I'm really glad that I wasn't looking at this at work. I'm literally crying from the laughter. Thank you so much seamas!

Imagine looking at that stuff when in church?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X