Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image FX and Digital Artist mags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Image FX and Digital Artist mags

    Hey, do the Illustrators that have work in Imagine FX and Digital Artist mags get paid? and how do you get one of those slots?

  • #2
    If the article is about an illustrator, generally no, they don't get paid.
    The guy who writes the article does.
    Same goes for tutorials.

    If the illustration is in an ad, then the illustrator paid to be in there.

    I don't get either mag, so not sure what happens regarding 'featured artist' type articles. The featured artist may get paid, but most likely not.

    Comment


    • #3
      Get in contact with the editors of the magazines.

      I send article ideas to editors of some magazines and if the article is interesting/relevant/etc. they ask me to write the full article and send it in, and then they send me a cheque.

      I also produce a magazine here - and I contact various authors, past, previous and present, to submit article ideas (give them an outline template) and then we ask the ones we want to write the full article. And we also encourage new people to submit article ideas.


      First step is getting in touch with the editor.

      If you want advertise then get in touch with the marketing department.

      "May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

      Comment


      • #4
        It's good exposure, promotion and marketing to be featured, if you are talented and fast and it will lead to sales and commissions. A lot of up and coming Illustrators pursue the editors to be placed in to the edition.
        "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
        Aesop

        Comment


        • #5
          thanks

          Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
          If the article is about an illustrator, generally no, they don't get paid.
          The guy who writes the article does.
          Same goes for tutorials.

          If the illustration is in an ad, then the illustrator paid to be in there.

          I don't get either mag, so not sure what happens regarding 'featured artist' type articles. The featured artist may get paid, but most likely not.
          Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks

            Originally posted by hank_scorpio View Post
            Get in contact with the editors of the magazines.

            I send article ideas to editors of some magazines and if the article is interesting/relevant/etc. they ask me to write the full article and send it in, and then they send me a cheque.

            I also produce a magazine here - and I contact various authors, past, previous and present, to submit article ideas (give them an outline template) and then we ask the ones we want to write the full article. And we also encourage new people to submit article ideas.


            First step is getting in touch with the editor.

            If you want advertise then get in touch with the marketing department.
            Thanks, I am not trying to advertise in the mag I am trying to display my art of put in an lesson on how I created a piece.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes I imagine so

              Originally posted by MikeHun View Post
              It's good exposure, promotion and marketing to be featured, if you are talented and fast and it will lead to sales and commissions. A lot of up and coming Illustrators pursue the editors to be placed in to the edition.
              Yeah I guess it can bring an artist lots of attention. I just thought that those guys/gals were getting paid to be in there.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's also about what you can bring in to the Magazine. I don't know about these two but if you want to get an article into a sign industry mag, you pretty much have to do something revolutionary, and be willing to go into detail how you did it, in order to get an article about you in there. It's funny how something is 'revolutionary' about once every 3 years though. I see articles about things I've been doing for 15 years like it was dreamed up yesterday.

                Comment

                Search

                Collapse

                Sponsor

                Collapse

                Incredible Stock

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X