How to know which font to use for website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know which font to use for website

So anytime I make a website, I am always unsure of which font to use in order to convey the message I'm looking for (professional, playful, etc.). Obviously I always use sans-serif fonts. But I always find myself scrolling through Google Fonts what the "correct" font. Eventually I essentially arbitrarily choose something that seems to work ok. I was wondering if anyone could provide tips for how you choose your fonts.

There's no formula. It's a matter of choosing a typeface that's legible and has a personality that matches the personality of the site. Download speed also needs to be considered, as in web fonts can add quite a bit of overhead when overused.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
      Reply to The right typography
      KitchWitch
      Hi Maarten and welcome to GDF.

What is bread text?

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside...
      Today, 08:49 AM
    • KitchWitch
      Reply to Hello Guys
      KitchWitch
      Hi Torieyang and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
      Today, 08:46 AM
    • Maarten
      The right typography
      Maarten
      Hi guys!

I'm a designer student from the Netherlands and this semester we are creating an offline magazine so that means that we need to print it.
      Well the question is, I find it really...
      Today, 07:38 AM
    • nomorext
      Reply to Work from UK for an US company
      nomorext
      Thank you Appmacguy That site will definitely help.
      Faye F. Cagle i don't need to apply for a visa since I'm a citizen of Spain but definitely will have to see how to pay my taxes.
      PrintD...
      Today, 06:41 AM
    • PrintDriver
      Comment on Poster for a school project
      PrintDriver
      The Dead Headliners
      Great band name!
      Today, 06:33 AM
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X