Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recreating typography

Help!

I am creating wedding save-the-dates and invitations for a couple and I need to recreate the font from this music festival poster!

They met at this music festival and are dead set on having the invitations match the poster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	big day out type.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	20220

Any ideas on how to recreate this? I've been trying but it hasn't looked right.
    Maybe it's a real font out there that I haven't found yet?

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Veronica
    Attached Files

Hi Veronica and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

For anyone not familiar (I had to look it up) Big Day Out is a yearly Australian music festival. Based on a google search, it looks like each year the title is a variation of this same type, seems to have a "base" font, with a variety of decorative techniques applied through the years. No luck on the name of the font.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Look like Bauhaus

Comment

Hi Ed44 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I was able to get a reasonable facsimile in about 20 minutes by making a brush. But I didn't take the time to do the corners and end pieces. A circle works pretty good though.
            All of the shapes are squares turned 90degrees. You also have to use the pathfinder to crop the shape to have square ends so they track.

Click image for larger version

Name:	small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	20223

Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-05-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Wow thank you PrintDriver! That looks really good, I will definitely try that out!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X