Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify font from logo.

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for the font used in the logo silver spring.
    All I know this is a logo created by the Range Rover (the cars) and it was a limited edition car series from the early 90's, between 92 and 93. Only 400 cars named silver spring are made.

I tried our usual font searches, but they did not do the trick.
    My First response was Minion Pro, but the results have some small differences.
    Also Crimson text could have been it, but the font also has some differences and its is not old enough to be the correct one.

I made a little comparison.

Thanks for your help!

ps: this is for a collector who wants to reprint the stickers to put on his refurbished silver spring range rover.
    Last edited by e.m.; 08-17-2016, 03:37 AM.

There's a pretty good chance a high end car company like Range Rover would have a custom font made for their distinctive brand. A lot of car companies have their own versions of fonts they use in their corporate ''look.''

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
      There's a pretty good chance a high end car company like Range Rover would have a custom font made for their distinctive brand. A lot of car companies have their own versions of fonts they use in their corporate ''look.''
      Yes indeed, this is very much possible!
      Maybe i should just recreate the small differences form Minion myself

Comment

Or you could just use URW Garamond Regular

Comment

Originally posted by bigdata View Post
          Or you could just use URW Garamond Regular

Oh damn! This is it! Thanks!
          I didn't know about the URW Gamarmand, i know about the regular one, but it has a lot of differences..

Comment

Interesting choice that that British national pride of an automaker made in choosing letter shapes designed by a somewhat equally legendary typeface designer from France!!

Given their long rich and sometimes very troubled shared history.

Claude Garamond, was doing his thing early to mid 16th century France when the King of England, King Henry VIII went to war with France!

Comment

Point well taken about Range Rover / Garamond and England / France. However this particular British national pride of an automaker is now owned by Indian conglomerate Tata Group (India once of the British Empire etc.)
              Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

But the Silver Spring was a limited edition Range Rover only to be sold in France!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X