Does logo design really matter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does logo design really matter?

Im asking you all, how important do you think logo design is for a business?
    Does it really matter?

How many points per post do you get for trolling a graphic design forum?

Comment

Hi Suzan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I'll bite.

What's your evidence that shows logo design might be ineffective in promoting a business' brand?

Comment

It's been over an hour.
          They won't be back.
          Guessing it's an essay question on a test where the teacher forgot to collect phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
            Does it really matter?
            I think a visual identity that presents a professional, competent face to the world is important for most any organization or company, but that involves more than just a logo. A strong visual identity is essential for, say, a retail company and probably a bit less so for an independent tax consultant. A bad logo, in my opinion, does more damage than not having one at all since it signals a lack of professionalism.
            Last edited by B; 10-13-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
              Well you're right it is an essay question but your wrong in all the other stuff, its silly how people like you just waste our time...
              Maybe you should do your own homework by yourself then, instead of expecting people to do your work for you.
              Last edited by PanToshi; 10-13-2016, 02:14 PM.
              Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

OP wished to be deleted.

Comment

I said good day!
                  Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Poor little dear. I wish them loads of luck. The real world sure is going to sting a bit once they get there.
                    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by PanToshi View Post
                      I wish them loads of luck.
                      They'll need it, considering all the time of theirs that we waste.

I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I think it was a legitimate question from a student. Perhaps the responses to that question could have been a little more understanding -- especially considering that every one of us started out as beginners needing help and not knowing sometimes exactly how to go about getting it.

Comment

B, if you look back through here, 99% of these one line questions that have shown up here lately, are never followed up, even after people here have taken time to answer. I can't remember the last time anyone ever said, ''thanks'' on one of these. They didn't even thank you for your thoughtful answer.

And you have to admit, this is a particularly odd question, with no hint that the asker had done any particular work on the issue besides ask it.

Perhaps a little more information and insight offered on the part of the poster would have inspired me to be a little more helpful.

<I'm still wondering who the ''our'' is in ''waste our time.''>
                          Last edited by PrintDriver; 10-13-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that's completely true. I guess I'm inclined to give the actual students who land here the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                              Does it really matter?
                              In one statement, with no logo design a business is not special; therefore is not a business.

I hope it was helpful,
                              cheers,

Mr.Dannouf

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clinton78
                                One off off-set lithographic Print?
                                Clinton78
                                Hi guys,

I have a situation where I need to commercially print illustrations that are coloured entirely in black. It's basically realistic aircraft illustrations and the aircraft are painted...
                                Today, 11:11 AM
                              • Craig B
                                Reply to Style of Font
                                Craig B
                                To expand a little on what B said. Those monograms were hand created. They weren't just a font, and there's no software that will automatically squeeze them into a shape like that....
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              • Craig B
                                Reply to Vector art blurry when posted to social media!
                                Craig B
                                Not sure where you got those sizes. I would try this always up to date google doc with various social media pixel sizes.
                                Today, 10:58 AM
                              • PrintDriver
                                Reply to What makes this ad. design awesome?
                                PrintDriver
                                As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular...
                                Today, 10:30 AM
                              • PrintDriver
                                Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                                PrintDriver
                                The designer may own the rights to the design, but they may not own the copyright on any photos or copywriting used in the design or any trademarked logos. In cases where there is client supplied content,...
                                Today, 10:22 AM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X