Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font management System - possible collab

Hi Guys,

you know as designers we collect/ buy typefaces and when your library gets bigger than you'd expect

you tend to know what amazing typefaces you've collected/ bought therefore you need a tool that helps you manage/ view and activate desired fonts.

I'm a mac user myself and I tried multiple FMS ( font management system ) ... such as FontAgent, RightFont, FontExplorer and Suitcase Fusion

and honestly I fount Suitcase Fusion is the fastest, easiest and has great features too such as Typekit and Google font integrations.

----

with their new release it is a bit over my budget to buy a full license for myself and there is a deal that gives you 3 copies of Suitcase Fusion for $120 link here

that means its almost $40 each ... so I was thinking if there are any two other designers who'd like to share that cost and worthwhile deal!

hit me up

Thanks guys

Just my 2 cents, but it looks like you're reading that website wrong. It says each copy is $120 for up to 3 copies. It mentions that if you need more than 3 copies, you should purchase the team sync version. It does not say you get 3 copies for $120.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
      Just my 2 cents, but it looks like you're reading that website wrong. It says each copy is $120 for up to 3 copies. It mentions that if you need more than 3 copies, you should purchase the team sync version. It does not say you get 3 copies for $120.
      oh really? then explain this
      When you purchase a copy of Suitcase Fusion, you can use it on up to two computers for personal use. If you have more than one user, you need to purchase multiple copies. You can purchase up to 3 copies of Suitcase Fusion per account.

Comment

I read through the wording on their site, and it's confusing. I really can't make out what they're talking about, but I'd be inclined to agree with Craig B's interpretation. They won't let you head to a shopping cart for a final price until you register, and I didn't want to do that.

Anyway, if if they do sell three separate copies for $120, those three copies just might be tied together with a single serial number, which would make it tough for multiple people to upgrade.

Comment

Sure, I can explain that.

It says "you" can use it on up to two computers for personal use. It does not say you and another person can use it on up to two computers. You is singular. However, I am not Extensis. Feel free to email or call them to get clarification?

In fact more telling is that it says "you" can use it on up to two computers. If you're getting 3 copies, but only able to use it on up to two computers, how would that work? It's pretty typical software usage to allow you to use software on 2 of your computers.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Craig B,

thanks for the clarification and I was just as confused as B I just feel that its overpriced and I'm also hoping that Adobe acquires the company it and makes it available through creative cloud, makes more sense no

Comment

If they don't reveal before you pay, that's suspect
              "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
              Aesop

Comment

I used Linotype Fontexplorer X and honestly i'm not very happy with it. It was recommended by my professor so I'm using it now. Going to give Suitcase Fusion a try -- thanks for the recommendation! Reading about things like this is why I singed up for this forum. I hope by spending more time here learning and reading I will become a better designer.

Comment

The only thing I'll toss in here,
                  Make a copy of your font folders and put them on a disconnected drive. I've had more than my share of foul-ups when trying new font management that tried to ''clean up'' and ''consolidate''.......

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                    Reply to what's everyone working on???
                    PanToshi
                    Brand dev for couple of event thingies
                    Brand dev for a couple of product thingies
                    Some logo thingies
                    Some other misc stuff like guide thingies and voice thingies
                    Oh, and cupcakes....
                    Today, 01:12 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Reply to Seeking feedback: 2D & 3D concepts
                    PrintDriver
                    If your logo is what you have shown in the subway poster, the reason I ask how your logo is illuminated is because those skinny letter strokes and serifs at the size you have indicated on your wall (in...
                    Today, 08:40 AM
                  • calebninja
                    Reply to just went from having the oldest imac in the company...
                    calebninja
                    Hey I'm in Kansas City too! What do you think about the Chiefs taking a Maholmes last night in the draft? Pretty crazy that it's been so long since they've drafted a first round QB, but I love the mo...
                    Today, 08:37 AM
                  • KitchWitch
                    Reply to Logo Advice
                    KitchWitch
                    Hi Billz and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
                    Today, 07:28 AM
                  • mortician.19
                    Reply to Seeking feedback: 2D & 3D concepts
                    mortician.19
                    Thanks for the feedback for my assessment, I was a bit vague with the brief (the elements are to market the studio not decorate the studio) - your comments on the wall sign were very helpful, it's the...
                    Today, 06:00 AM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X