Installing fonts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing fonts

Hi, I am new to the world, of graphics, I recently started to work with Photoshop and I cant install my Fonts. Where do I have to drop the font-file I want to install? It would be really nice if someone could help me! Thx

I am using a Mac!

Comment

Originally posted by max.river95 View Post
      I recently started to work with Photoshop and I cant install my Fonts.
      Fonts are installed at the operating system (OS) level, which has nothing to do with Photoshop. How it's done depends on what OS you're running.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

• PrintDriver
        PrintDriver commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, Adobe does have a dedicated font folder where you can put things when they don't work at system level (which can happen more often than it should....)
        But I only know it's location on a Mac.
        Perhaps there is a similar file on a PC.
        On a Mac it is located here:
        Click the Go in the top menu bar > hold down the Option key and the invisible Library will show up > click on it> Application Support > Adobe > fonts
        Drop your font in there. You may have to restart your Adobe program for it to be visible in your font menu.

If you're on a mac, the easiest way is to double click the font file, which opens a preview and click the install font button.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Yup, it's so easy that it's easy to miss it. As Craig said, just double click the font file, then click the "Install Font" button.

Comment

Hi, thank you for your answers. I#m working on a Windows PC. If I right click on the font and click on install it asks for my admin key password. Is there any why I can install the fonts directly to photoshop without using it on my OS?

Comment

So, are you using a Mac or a PC?

Comment

Well, still not knowing what OS you're running, I'll just take a stab at the (Windows) folder location: ...\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Make a new folder there named Fonts and copy the font files into it.
              I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

I use Windows. OS = operating system!

Thank you HotButton, it worked! Now I can use my font.

Comment

• HotButton
                  HotButton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Okay, but for future reference, it helps to know which version.

I am using a Mac!
                I#m working on a Windows PC.
                Huh?

Comment

I am using a Win PC now. I am sorry I have switched!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
                    Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
                    Glitchin
                    Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
                    Today, 03:55 PM
                  • Glitchin
                    Comment on Logo Feedback
                    Glitchin
                    I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
                    Today, 03:24 PM
                  • Glitchin
                    Reply to Critique Please?
                    Glitchin
                    This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
                    Today, 02:58 PM
                  • Glitchin
                    Comment on Critique Please?
                    Glitchin
                    Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
                    Today, 02:54 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                    PrintDriver
                    Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
                    Today, 12:42 PM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X