Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to change font to SBC case ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to change font to SBC case ?

Anyone know how to change font to SBC case ?

Huh?

Comment

One of my client sent me this

' Change the font to SBC case '

Matter in Japanese language.

Can anyone help ?

Comment

Based on a google search, SBC could stand for Single Byte Character, part of SBCS - Single Byte Character Set, in which character encodings use exactly one byte for each graphic character. There is also DBCS (double), TBCS (triple) and MBCS (multiple). SBCSs are limited to 256 symbols and are useful for character sets that don't have many symbols or accented letters, like European languages. Chinese, Japanese and Korean fonts are usually MBCS because they have large numbers of characters and symbols.

If you're working in Japanese text, my guess is the font you're using is a MBSC and your client wants one that is a SBCS.

*shrug*
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• jaksoffset
          jaksoffset commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for your information. It was really helpful to me.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
        Reply to Illustrator Error Message
        PrintDriver
        ^ This.

Is DTG ''direct to garment''? If so, is .png what you really want?...
        Today, 04:07 PM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Borders. Another stupid question
        KitchWitch
        I think if you shift/drag it bigger, it will make it a square. I would duplicate the rectangle and increase the size by a percentage, then align to the original.
        Today, 03:47 PM
      • iyiyi
        Borders. Another stupid question
        iyiyi
        I've been doing this the hard way for years and I'm just going to ask the stupid question.

If I have a rectangle, and I want a border around it (not a stroke) that is perfectly aligned (same...
        Today, 03:43 PM
      • KitchWitch
        Reply to Illustrator Error Message
        KitchWitch
        Hi Blondebynature and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
        Today, 03:18 PM
      • HotButton
        Comment on Illustrator Error Message
        HotButton
        ^That said, I'm not sure what you're accomplishing by rasterizing in prep for DTG. If your Illustrator content is vector based, it would be best left un-rasterized.
        Today, 03:03 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X