X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troep
    started a topic Favorite font?

Favorite font?

What is you'r favorite font? My favorite font is bebas.

• cdtasman
    replied
    Hevetica

Leave a comment:

• KitchWitch
    replied
    Hi Fotoiton and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

Leave a comment:

• fotoiton
    replied
    Hi! Open Sans

Leave a comment:

• B
    replied
    I don't have a favorite typeface. I have a group of, maybe, six or seven typefaces that work for most things. When it seems appropriate, I'll use another on a one-off basis for that particular project.

Leave a comment:

• P_H_V
    replied
    Clarandon

Leave a comment:

• designzombie
    replied
    My first favorite font was Windsor, but I've since lost interest.

I know it's cliche, but for most cases today, good ol' Helvetica is my favorite. It's most readable, most familiar, and most submissive. I like my text submissive to the rest of the layout. But this is probably because I'm more into infographics these days, and not much into decoration. I still have yet to see the documentary on Helvetica. It's been in my streaming video watchlists for years.

For all other situations, my favorite font is the font that best matches the theme or the character of the presentation.

Leave a comment:

• StudioMonkey
    replied
    Garamond / Gill Sans

but I'm old school . . .

Leave a comment:

• Troep
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdata View Post
    Doing some FUI (futuristic user interface) work at the moment and I managed to work in Prime.

I love that face!

http://www.fontfabric.com/prime-free-font/
    Thats a realy sexy clean and sick font!

Leave a comment:

• bigdata
    replied

Doing some FUI (futuristic user interface) work at the moment and I managed to work in Prime.

I love that face!

http://www.fontfabric.com/prime-free-font/

Leave a comment:

• PrintDriver
    replied
    I don't have a favorite font. The fonts that get used are the fonts appropriate to the client's work.
    There is a set of fonts that I go to quite often. But there isn't a favorite.

Leave a comment:

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• kaila58
    Reply to Portfolio critique
    kaila58
    Good point, but in my opinion it's distracting in a portfolio and lacks attention to detail when displaying work.
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Portfolio critique
    PrintDriver
    Ha, I noticed the printing and registration marks and thought it refreshing to see a designer who knows to include them....
    Yesterday, 10:00 PM
  • B
    Reply to Is my job keeping me from doing good work?
    B
    One of the problems with in-house situations is that, as often as not, the upper management's expertise lies in areas other than marketing, communication or creative. Worse still, is that they don't know...
    Yesterday, 10:00 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Designer input for a card sort activity!
    PrintDriver
    Envato? Really? LOL

Y'all sure this ain't an ad?...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Is my job keeping me from doing good work?
    PrintDriver
    This might come across as a snobbish perspective. And I do work in a very weird corner of the design industry, where the theatrical/digital/print world all intersect.
    That said...
    When our...
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X