Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help!

Hi guys

I am trying to learn how to incorporate the fonts into the background of an image. I have been watching videos on youtube but still cant seem to do it. I have both Illustrator and photoshop installed but I prefer using Illustrator compared to photoshop. I have posted both pics in this thread. As you can see, I have created my white font over the picture but I have no idea how to make the words look like its inside / part of the background. Would really appreciate it if someone could give me a hand

thanks!
    Attached Files

If someone can find a tutorial on youtube or something, that will be really great...I tried searching but no luck

Comment

The thing you are trying to emulate. Look at it very closely. As in zoom in on it in photoshop.
      They've faked the grass using randome small green shapes. Maybe taken the opacity down a bit on the white too. This is a particularly fake-looking effect. Maybe it'd work at distance, say on a billboard, but not so much up close in a magazine ad.

Comment

Try experimenting with different blending modes in Photoshop.
        Just google 'incorporating type into background photoshop'.

Comment

Or more specifically search the web for
          Chalk on grass

Remember to use a font that doesn't have clean sharp edges. One of the rougher chalk fonts would be a better starting point than what you used. Linework should have some sort of brush effect to it as well.

Comment

Hi Jasgill17 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

You have to follow these steps in adobe photoshop .

1 Open A Photo To Place Inside Your Text
              2 Duplicate The Background Layer
              3 Add A New Blank Layer Between The Two Layers
              4 Fill The New Layer With White
              5 Select Layer 1In The Layers Palette
              6 Select The Type Tool
              7 Choose A Font In The Options Bar
              8 Set White As Your Foreground Color
              9 Add Your Text
              10 Resize and Reposition The Text With The Free Transform Command
              11 Drag The Text Layer Below Layer 1
              12 Select Layer 1 Again
              13 Create A Clipping Mask
              Last edited by KitchWitch; 04-18-2017, 08:37 AM. Reason: removed link, no advertising

Comment

Hi Morris and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hello - the following is how I'd tackle this.

Cmd-Click the layer of the text to select it's shape.
                  Copy that shape from the grass layer behind and copy in on top or the type.
                  Desaturate the grass texture on top, and up the contrast.
                  Using the channel palette, select the luminosity of the grass layer.
                  Apply this selection as a layer mask to the typography.

Alternatively - search for information on 'Luma Key', as that's the process you need here.

Feel free to ask questions if what I've said is unclear.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
                    Reply to Happy Thanksgiving!
                    PrintDriver
                    Happy Thanksgiving to all!
                    Just waiting for dinner to finish cooking. We are eating fashionably late this year. Mainly because the bird was larger than expected, but that 's ok.
                    Lots of hooverdoovers...
                    Today, 04:17 PM
                  • PanToshi
                    PanToshi
                    Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, 01:20 PM
                  • B
                    B
                    Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even to those of you outside the U.S.)!

As for turkey, I worked a summer job in a Norbest butter ball turkey processing plant before college, and haven't touched...
                    Today, 12:57 PM
                  • Arka-Software
                    Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                    Arka-Software
                    There are many software in the market which are using for vector pattern are:- 1) Inkscape 2) Xara Xtreme 3) Skencil 4) Scribus 5) VRR 6) CoceptDrow PRO 7) ZeusDraw 8) MagicTracer 9) Nodebox 10) Tgif
                    Today, 12:46 PM
                  • PrintDriver
                    Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                    PrintDriver
                    You want a program that is used to dealing with vector axis data. Photoshop would probably be inappropriate.

The only way I can think to do this is to have a script written for Illustrator...
                    Today, 09:10 AM
                  GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                  Working...
                  X