Type pairing for Dictionary Entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type pairing for Dictionary Entry

I am looking an example of a well designed layout for a dictionary definition. I attached a photo of an example. Does anyone know of or have examples of printed definitions with carefully chosen typography and spacing? Or digital examples? perhaps the heading on a webpage, where the main heading is the business's name (i.e. pentagram) and beneath the heading is the pronuncation (i.e. /ˈpen(t)əˌɡram/) along with the type of speech (i.e.), the definition itself, and the origin of the word (i.e. origin: Greek, "pentagrammon").
    They can be non traditional layouts as well. I am mainly looking for font pairings. I realize this is very specific, but any help would be much appreciated. Even if you can't find examples perhaps suggestions of font pairings, spacing, what words to italicize etc.
    Attached Files

Hi Ashley and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X