Help with Solomon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Solomon

Our company is redoing our logo and likes the solomon font by Fontfabric (not solomon sans) for the main logotype. 2 questions:

1) it's labeled as geometric but am I incorrect in thinking it has humanist elements -

2) we're having trouble pairing it with a contrasting type for the tagline underneath it so considering just a different weight of Solomon. Any advice on pairings?

Thanks.

first one is not solomon tagline and we realized it's too similar, 2nd one is solomon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blitz Logo Help.png
Views:	1
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	21472

Hi Raise and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I deleted your second post (in the Crit Pit) as a duplicate. Since your original question (here) was about typography and font pairings, I wasn't overly concerned about who did the artwork. But now that you've also tried to post the same question in the Crit Pit, I need to ask - did you design this logo? We do not allow crit of artwork that was not posted by the original artist/designer.

Thanks.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• RaisetheBarn
        RaisetheBarn commented
        Editing a comment
        This test is mine - yes. We've (our company's owner and me) have been mocking up different fonts and images. He's been partial to this one but I was concerned about the colors...as printdriver has noted below.

• KitchWitch
        KitchWitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for clarifying.

As a sign guy, this logo gives me the shudders.
      That transparency or pseudo-transparency overlap effect? There are 6 colors in there. I'm assuming the blue type is represented in there somewhere but the black type adds a 7th color.
      Spendy in both print production and sign making.

For dimensional lettering, the skinny font is almost impossible to cut without bending or melting or to put studs in, unless the logo is very large.
      Forget about halo lighting or face lighting with LED or neon. You might get halo effects if done as push through lettering but the piece would have to be large enough to get a decent inside corner fillet, or it might start to look like a ''round'' typeface.

Comment

if i had a dollah for everyone that's come to me to fix there "web-only" logo, I'd be rich.

As for printing are you gonna give Pantone spot callouts for each of those 6 colors (and pay to have them matched?) Or live with whatever pops out of the ''done' end of the printer if leaving them CMYK?

Comment

Originally posted by RaisetheBarn View Post
          we're having trouble pairing it with a contrasting type for the tagline underneath it so considering just a different weight of Solomon. Any advice on pairings?
          If it were me, I'd likely use the same face, just in caps. I definitely wouldn't letterspace (track) the lowercase.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
            Comment on Poster for a school project
            seamas
            I dunno, I think it is worse when the dead headliners DO show up.

Not very sexy imho
            Yesterday, 05:18 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on Looking for the graphic designer of a certain graphic
            PrintDriver
            I'm a creature of necessity. A lot of times the end client will want an actual signed release and a real photo credit, so you have to attempt to find the artist.
            Love doing image research for projects....
            Yesterday, 05:10 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Work from UK for an US company
            PrintDriver
            All I can suggest is consult a tax expert in the UK. If your company doesn't mind you moonlighting like this, maybe they could suggest someone for you.
            Income is Income and the Gov always seems...
            Yesterday, 05:05 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on Work from UK for an US company
            PrintDriver
            I do business with people in the UK a lot. Because the gig they hire us for is going to be in the US, they time shift their design staff so they are available during US Eastern Time. It's the only way...
            Yesterday, 05:02 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on Poster for a school project
            PrintDriver
            Especially if the headliners aren't going to show up...
            Yesterday, 04:55 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X