This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowfinpw View Post
    I am a great believer that indivduals are better at identification than software, so I will recommend two forums: The Type ID Board and the WhatTheFont forum at MyFonts. I am a participant who helps out at the Type ID Board, and I have been there for several years. I can tell you that rarely does a posted font go unidentified for more than an hour. Usually the font is identified in a few minutes.
    Thanks, I love a new resource!
    Another good tip for identifying script fonts is just to submit a cap. Mostly all font identifying sites can name that font in 3 seconds. LC scripts are attached and thus non identifiable to a computer.

Comment

This seemed an appropriate place for this: Font Shaker
      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile View Post
        This seemed an appropriate place for this: Font Shaker
        Interesting! I like how you can find fonts on your computer that are similar to a particular font.

I can see that being helpful for if you are using a font, but say it has a heinous looking ampersand and wanted to do a check on similar fonts to replace the offending ampersand.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

complementary fonts?

Does anyone know of a site/tool that would recommend a complementary font based on one you pick?
          I have taken typography, and am familiar with many older fonts that are what you could consider timeless. However, I now work at a sign shop and sometimes have limited time to browse through our 300+ fonts (I honestly have no clue how many we have) to find fonts that work well together. I know what works and what doesn't as far as combining serif/sanserif/script, sometimes I just don't have the time to match them up.

Comment

I've never put this through its paces, really, but you might find it useful: http://www.esperfonto.com/
            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

i once saw a cool font in the credits from an old movie.
              i ran and took a picture with my camera.
              the credits where over an image and the photo came out a bit blurry. but what the font still got it right.
              new graphic blog Hashomer 5 (updated 5 times a week)
              -
              portfolio

Comment

Personally, I like Identifont because it gives suggestions that I am more likely to already have in my set of fonts. I've noticed that when I use WhatTheFont, that it identifies (from a jpg) fairly well; but, the likelihood of me actually having that font in my archives is slim. So in that respect I feel like they are constantly trying to sell me on their fonts, which is understandable, just most of the time not exactly what I am looking for.

BP Design Lab

Comment

here's another: http://www.whatfontis.com/
                  "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Japanese Identifont:

http://www.identifont.jp/index.html
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

You could just ask RKK, but I think she'd resent being called a tool
                      Design is not decoration.

Comment

lmao Kermie

I removed those spamalicious postings

Comment

It's a free service.
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

There's always this: http://www.fontbook.com/
                            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by tomlien
                              Those three are really great!! But is there any premium font finder software?

There is this software. http://www.findmyfont.com/ I tested the trial, and it worked ok. The fact that it scans local fonts is nice.

Comment

this site just saved my day. I was looking to identify a font for a couple of hours now. thanks
                                Graphic Design Portfolio

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
                                  Reply to How they did the drawings like this?
                                  mixlikes
                                  For perfect drawing, you need to learn photoshop so that you can give a nice texture to an image. There are lots of tools to edit an image that can be used for many purposes....
                                  Today, 02:27 AM
                                • hank_scorpio
                                  Reply to I apparently "need" to get a new laptop.
                                  hank_scorpio
                                  Don't have the new mac book pro.

What type of software are you using? Is it specific for the Mac? What type of work are you doing?

Do you really need a Mac? You can put together...
                                  Today, 12:59 AM
                                • Magical Unicorn
                                  I apparently "need" to get a new laptop.
                                  Magical Unicorn
                                  The laptop I'm writing this post on is *calculating in head* going on 7 years old. It's a well loved 13" white MacBook from when I started high school in 2010. I've vehemently stated that I don't...
                                  Yesterday, 11:38 PM
                                • B
                                  Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
                                  B
                                  As for content, an obvious addition would be the inclusion of several good before-and-after samples of audio that you've cleaned up.
                                  Yesterday, 06:54 PM
                                • RMo
                                  Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
                                  RMo
                                  Hey,

some quick things:
                                  • your page is just a tiny bit too wide. There is a scrollbar at the bottom. That shouldn't be there
                                  • add a favicon
                                  • there is a massive amount of space after loading
                                  Yesterday, 03:18 PM
                                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X