Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• approveme
    Reply to Hardware, Software Advice
    approveme
    Hi Paul,

Welcome to this forum, hope you enjoy here.
    Today, 05:59 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    Roth
    This is inferior to the original in every way. PD made some very good points already to do with hierarchy, and energy. There are basically three elements, the figure, the name, and the background, so...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Roth
    This is a bit of a stretch. It's like you saw the H in the weights, ran with it, hit a creative wall and tried really hard to make the rest fit. The logo and name are out of proportion to one another...
    Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • extraordenary
    extraordenary
    Professional designers either create the images themselves, or get it from someone else with respects to the copyrights. Designers often make sure that the image they have is royalty-free so they don't...
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  • graphic91
    graphic91
    Umm...really? I know about the design rules, but where to look first? There's not that much information or "look-at-mes" on it and it's just the cover of a video game. Most people who want to...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• font ideas

I have to do a logo for a company that lists its style as "mediterranean, modern/fusion" I have racked my brain (and searched several foundries) for something with a 'mediterranean' feel, but can't seem to get any inspiration. Any fontophiles out there with any ideas?
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

What type of company is it? I mean beyond the Mediterranean moniker?
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Perhaps try the Italians on this board?

Also try
      http://www.stepinsidedesign.com/STEP.../Article/28461

This might interest you also:
      http://typophile.com/node/27353
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Its an internet cafe..(terrible name, but they like it) Java Junkies- EEK! but I am thinking if I can just give it a nice style it will be ok...
        “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Eeeekk! I can't imagine a classy logo for any company with the word Junkies in it's name. Good luck Brie!
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I know Buda, all I've been thinking is a big syringe with coffee in it! ACCK!! I wish i could talk them out of the name, but they've already registered it!

Comment

Well, since they're using Java in their company name, how about looking for some fonts that have a coffee flavor feel or vibe to 'em (I'm guessing that's where the Java reference comes from). Although I agree with Buda, and your own hesitation at the reference to Junkies in the name. You can probably easily downplay that, though, if you choose the right font.

In terms of Mediterranean, maybe trying using Spanish, Moroccan or Greek in your key word searches, say on myfonts? Those are things that come to mind when I think Mediterranean.

Good luck!
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

good thoughts urst, will try!

Comment

wannabrie, i'd suggest using cracked for the font, and replacing the "i" in junkies with a nice syringe. that will really capture the spirit of that well thought out name for their business. Don't you love when clients come to you with a handfull of shit and say, "hey, can you make this into a bronze statue?". As my grandma used to say, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

if you haven't gotten too far into the logo or anything yet, i'd suggest way downplaying the junkies aspect (i'm sure you already had that in mind) by making the word java the primary focus in a larger font, and have the word junkies underneath it spaced out in tiny letters so that it is the same width as java. hopefully this will keep people from realizing that it says junkies until it's too late. because as all of us who were children of the 80's will surely remembber, "nobody ever said, i wanna be a junkie when i grow up."
                  "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Comment

Mediterranean fonts? I think "Greek"... Albertus maybe, perhaps Herculaneum?
                    Annie
                    ...I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five years, and I'm happy, Doctor; I finally won out over it!

Comment

I think the idea of using a syringe is confusing the context of junkie. It means an addict - not an intrevenous drug user. The syringe idea is uneccessary, and a rather uninspired interpretation. Like using a house outline for a real estate company.

Besides - if you put coffee in a syringe and turn it into black and white, it becomes heroin.

Wait - maybe I should try that.

*Grabs a can of foldgers and some needles*
                      design is the best way to touch strangers without getting arrested for it - ben ramsey

Comment

I think you should stay clear of any syringes.

Comment

sarcasm people!

apparently there needs to be a special kind of italics that means "note dripping sarcasm". i thought there was no way anyone would think i was serious with the syringe idea, so i didn't even bother putting the eye rolling smily icon. but to clear things up, i was just making a joke at the expense of his client at what a terrible business name they'd chosen. i'd also say, probably not the best plan of attack to throw the syringe in there. and screaming trees, if you get the foldgers, make sure you get them fine ground crystals, and don't forget to heat the spoon evenly from underneath.

aaaaalthough, the more i think about it... (i used the eyeroll this time in case there was any confusion).

Comment

I got that DS, not to worry... like I said, i wish they would pick another moniker, but for some bizarre reason, this is what they registered as their LLC...so now the best I can do is find a nice type treatment.

Comment

well, there are alot of reasons why businesses fail, including the word junkies in your business name may just be one of them.

i'm thinking about making that java junkies logo my new signature.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X