Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• cdgc
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    That's one of the problems, PrintDriver. I can't prevent that.

I've been thinking all along that a quantity discount is appropriate, but I'm not sure how much. That's what I hate about...
    Today, 07:00 AM
  • Juniberry
    Reply to Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    I should also mention that a theme that supports the visual composer would be excellent....
    Today, 05:54 AM
  • Juniberry
    Wordpress theme and plugin help for print company.
    Juniberry
    Howdy-doody fellas and bellas, I'm just after some quick advice from those of you out there with plenty of experience choosing and working with WP themes.

Attached is a template/guide to...
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    the business is online. print-wise, the smallest it will ever get is a business card.
    Today, 03:53 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Layout

Aright so my professor assigned the most vague project on book layouts. We had to find a classical play's script, import it to in-design, and then design a "classical" book style layout with the entire script, and then create a modern style layout, something we came up with. Any ideas on what this guy is lookin for??? My guess would be analyzing size, leading, and margins from pages of old books and creating something similar but Im not sure. What do you think?? Now he didnt post any guidlines for this so I am lost!

Sounds like he's leaving a lot to your creative juices. (don't go there mac.finn) I think your guess sounds accurate. Have fun with it!!
    You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

^ true.

Could you approach him and ask for clarification? That way if he tells you that he wants you to "just be creative with it", it's one thing, but if he does have something specific in mind he should be able to point you in the right direction.

And welcome to the forum.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I would suggest use of the golden proportion in determining your margins for the old-school design

Just my two cents.
        It sounds like a great idea until you have to cut 200 felt circles with an 1/8" circular exacto knife ...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X