Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    HotButton
    "but I have always been led to believe that the degree isn't as important as talent/know-how in graphic design..."

Here, without a degree, it's not likely anyone will ever know...
    Today, 08:51 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    misplacedVTer
    We don't even consider applications that don't list a degree where I work, though even people with degrees can have terrible portfolios. Out of probably 30 applicants from our most recent opening, maybe...
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Standards of Graphic Design
    Buda
    Honestly, if you are unsure, it's better to under design. People who are new to design have this tendency to put everything they can think of into a design. Design is just as much about culling and restraint....
    Today, 08:31 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crop Marks and Cutting Paper
    Buda
    We have a $250,000 digital printer and the backups can be up to 2mm out. That is within specifications.

So the answer is no. It's near impossible to get a printer that is bang on. Which is...
    Today, 08:29 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Font
    garricks
    Looks like it's not a free font. But $25 for four fonts in a typeface is really reasonable.
    Today, 07:57 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodega Sans Oldstyle

Does anyone have this font?
    I am not trying to steal it but want to see how to weights look within a phrase and it is a little hard on sites such as MyFonts without cutting and pasting ion Photoshop to get the preview.

oh wait, I could do a Screen Capture and that way it will be large enough to see it.
    well, if anyone has it and can PM me so I can have you create a JPG (not sending me the font) I will buy it if I feel it is the right choice.

Thanks
    Dribbble Page
    Behance Portfolio
    Linkedin Profile

Check you PM
    Last edited by doubting_thomas; 04-11-2007, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Just as an FYI:

A couple of years ago we were investigating a font, we weren't sure if it was the right one for us. I believe we went to myfonts.com or possibly fontshop.com, I e-mailed their customer service, and they sent me a PDF with the phrase we were looking at (it was for a logo). As a result, we ended up buying a font out of a few different choices.

Just sayin', it's worth checking out customer service at some font sites to see if they'll do the same.
      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Thanks for the Tip Urstwile, next time I will do that. Now I just have to figure if I want to buy the whole family or just the couple I need.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Purchasing FONT

ok, I need a bit of help here.
          I want to now purchase Bodega.
          Problem is, it comes in Mac PS, Win PS, Mac/WinTT.
          (if it came as Opentype there'd be no problem.)

I have a PC now, but will be buying a Mac within teh next year.

Should I buy the TrueType so it is cross platform or buy teh PC Postscript so I can use it now and then convert the font with Fontagrapher (maybe work will let me, or I could purchase it if I want more fonts converted)

Thoughts.
          Thanks
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

I'll post only because nobody else has. I don't trust converters enough to use
            them in production. If a converted font caused me one re-run, the real version
            would have been paid for many times. If a converted font caused you 1 or 2
            hours of work around, the real version would be paid for I'd expect. Maybe it
            would work just fine, but I wouln't risk it.

ps sorry about the extra letter in your name the other day

Comment

I think I remember reading somewhere that Windows True Type fonts can be used on the Mac operating system.

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                I think I remember reading somewhere that Windows True Type fonts can be used on the Mac operating system.
                True, truetype can be used on a Mac but is it good for printing? I had heard otherwise, although, I know we have used some in print ads at work, so I guess it will be fine.

THanks
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

It should be fine, provided you're buying it from a reputable source.

Comment

well, i was going to go through www.myfonts.com
                    same price at a few other (brand name) Font Houses so i am guess it is all the same.

Thanks
                    Dribbble Page
                    Behance Portfolio
                    Linkedin Profile

Comment

Some Windows TT work on Mac, some don't. I have yet to see them load on
                      a Mac and not work though. There are even some Open Type fonts that
                      work on only one platform. If a Windows TT works on my Mac it usually
                      prints fine.

Comment

ok, thanks, I love your avatarDoubting Thomas
                        Dribbble Page
                        Behance Portfolio
                        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X