Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Label Design sizing.
    B
    Where are you getting the 81.7mm figure? Are you thinking that the 80.3mm ± 1.5mm on the diagram should be the width of the label? If so, why are you thinking that? Do you want the label to wrap exactly...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • Aquil_
    Reply to Label Design sizing.
    Aquil_
    Oops, guess I answered one of my own questions. That symbol means diameter lol
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Aquil_
    Label Design sizing.
    Aquil_
    Hi guys! (and gals) These may seem like dumb questions, but I'm trying to develop my skills in design and I've been on a crowdsourcing site just messing around (not really intending to win) but I don't...
    Today, 02:28 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Hand Lettered Logo
    PrintDriver
    Do you have a reason for making some strokes on the R and the A so thin they become insignificant, and make the logo hard to read. Not having the serifs on the right side of the I make it look like part...
    Yesterday, 09:37 PM
  • DigitalFarmer
    Hand Lettered Logo
    DigitalFarmer
    In the process of building my portfolio I've took on some free work for family friends. One of the jobs was a logo for an odd boutique that sells the usual like clothes, fashion jewelry, etc. The unique...
    Yesterday, 05:41 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodega Sans Oldstyle

Does anyone have this font?
    I am not trying to steal it but want to see how to weights look within a phrase and it is a little hard on sites such as MyFonts without cutting and pasting ion Photoshop to get the preview.

oh wait, I could do a Screen Capture and that way it will be large enough to see it.
    well, if anyone has it and can PM me so I can have you create a JPG (not sending me the font) I will buy it if I feel it is the right choice.

Thanks
    Dribbble Page
    Behance Portfolio
    Linkedin Profile

Check you PM
    Last edited by doubting_thomas; 04-11-2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Just as an FYI:

A couple of years ago we were investigating a font, we weren't sure if it was the right one for us. I believe we went to myfonts.com or possibly fontshop.com, I e-mailed their customer service, and they sent me a PDF with the phrase we were looking at (it was for a logo). As a result, we ended up buying a font out of a few different choices.

Just sayin', it's worth checking out customer service at some font sites to see if they'll do the same.
      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Thanks for the Tip Urstwile, next time I will do that. Now I just have to figure if I want to buy the whole family or just the couple I need.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Purchasing FONT

ok, I need a bit of help here.
          I want to now purchase Bodega.
          Problem is, it comes in Mac PS, Win PS, Mac/WinTT.
          (if it came as Opentype there'd be no problem.)

I have a PC now, but will be buying a Mac within teh next year.

Should I buy the TrueType so it is cross platform or buy teh PC Postscript so I can use it now and then convert the font with Fontagrapher (maybe work will let me, or I could purchase it if I want more fonts converted)

Thoughts.
          Thanks
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

I'll post only because nobody else has. I don't trust converters enough to use
            them in production. If a converted font caused me one re-run, the real version
            would have been paid for many times. If a converted font caused you 1 or 2
            hours of work around, the real version would be paid for I'd expect. Maybe it
            would work just fine, but I wouln't risk it.

ps sorry about the extra letter in your name the other day

Comment

I think I remember reading somewhere that Windows True Type fonts can be used on the Mac operating system.

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                I think I remember reading somewhere that Windows True Type fonts can be used on the Mac operating system.
                True, truetype can be used on a Mac but is it good for printing? I had heard otherwise, although, I know we have used some in print ads at work, so I guess it will be fine.

THanks
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

It should be fine, provided you're buying it from a reputable source.

Comment

well, i was going to go through www.myfonts.com
                    same price at a few other (brand name) Font Houses so i am guess it is all the same.

Thanks
                    Dribbble Page
                    Behance Portfolio
                    Linkedin Profile

Comment

Some Windows TT work on Mac, some don't. I have yet to see them load on
                      a Mac and not work though. There are even some Open Type fonts that
                      work on only one platform. If a Windows TT works on my Mac it usually
                      prints fine.

Comment

ok, thanks, I love your avatarDoubting Thomas
                        Dribbble Page
                        Behance Portfolio
                        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X