Question about a certain text/design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a certain text/design

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to graphic design, so I'm going to start with things like logos and text designs and such.

I have a question about a certain design, and I'm not sure where to post it, but I thought this might be the best place:

Now I'm not looking to copy that design, but I was wondering... Does the style of, um... Swirly lines branching from the text have a technical name of some sort? I've seen it before, but I can't for the life of me remember if it's a specific design type, or if it's just a nameless (albeit nice looking) design.

Once again, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.

Flourishes?

Why is it you think that logos and text designs are newb material? Check out Jeff Fisher's writings for the depth involved in logo design. It ain't all just pretty pictures.
    http://www.creativelatitude.com/logo_notions/index.html

Comment

Yup, do a search on flourishes or ornaments.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Well, I didn't exactly mean to say that I think logos and such are newb material, but I think that is where I'd like to start. Also, thank you very much for the quick replies.

Comment

Check out Jeff's stuff. It will give you insight and ideas.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Cosmo
            Reply to Introduction and thinking about freelancing
            Cosmo
            Don't take this the wrong way.... but why would someone outsource prepress work? And especially only 10 hours a week worth? And with working full time now, when would you be doing it? All the prepress...
            Today, 10:41 AM
          • kemingMatters
            Reply to Purchasing Previous Versions
            kemingMatters
            I recently bought into the cloud for myself, I was more than a little skeptical at first. CS6 or earlier versions become a bit of a gamble considering the unknown lifespans (when OS's stop supporting...
            Today, 10:11 AM
          • seamas
            Reply to Advice on if a design would work in the US?
            seamas
            The irony in the USA is that the same person who would take offense to a shirt like that would think nothing about having one fly behind their pickup truck getting tattered from the wind and elements--or...
            Today, 09:39 AM
          • EagleEyes
            Reply to Introduction and thinking about freelancing
            EagleEyes
            Thanks, both of you.

I guess to be more specific, I'm looking for part-time telecommuting freelance work in prepress. I realize that's a pretty narrow set of requirements, but I'm not looking...
            Today, 09:35 AM
          • Craig B
            Reply to Purchasing Previous Versions
            Craig B
            I agree with B. Why not get the latest. non-subscription version for about the same price....
            Today, 09:22 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X