Question about a certain text/design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a certain text/design

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to graphic design, so I'm going to start with things like logos and text designs and such.

I have a question about a certain design, and I'm not sure where to post it, but I thought this might be the best place:

Now I'm not looking to copy that design, but I was wondering... Does the style of, um... Swirly lines branching from the text have a technical name of some sort? I've seen it before, but I can't for the life of me remember if it's a specific design type, or if it's just a nameless (albeit nice looking) design.

Once again, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.

Flourishes?

Why is it you think that logos and text designs are newb material? Check out Jeff Fisher's writings for the depth involved in logo design. It ain't all just pretty pictures.
    http://www.creativelatitude.com/logo_notions/index.html

Comment

Yup, do a search on flourishes or ornaments.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Well, I didn't exactly mean to say that I think logos and such are newb material, but I think that is where I'd like to start. Also, thank you very much for the quick replies.

Comment

Check out Jeff's stuff. It will give you insight and ideas.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MumboJum73
            Reply to Student looking for advice
            MumboJum73
            haha Nobody ever keeled over from a crappy business card, but yes times they are a changin'.
            Today, 07:21 PM
          • PrintDriver
            PrintDriver
            A sophomore in college is not ready to be offering services to a ''client'' looking for a branding package for their business. You may have done it. The company may even still be in business.
            Can...
            Today, 07:17 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Stock art collection -- need dozens of pix all with same artistic style
            PrintDriver
            If you are looking for a consistent look, done quickly, you hire an illustrator.

Bear in mind though that you have to negotiate a usage contract with the illustrator. If your client simply...
            Today, 07:05 PM
          • MumboJum73
            MumboJum73
            I hear you PD but I feel working directly with a client (not always just friends and family) and their requests to develop a logo, brand, flyer whatever is a great way to not only make a buck but grasp...
            Today, 06:59 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Assignment to get the job
            PrintDriver
            Passwords don't matter. As soon as they see it, they can copy it, if that is what they intend to do.
            They aren't looking for a logo, business card or letterhead. They are looking for a marketing...
            Today, 06:52 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X