X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a certain text/design

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to graphic design, so I'm going to start with things like logos and text designs and such.

I have a question about a certain design, and I'm not sure where to post it, but I thought this might be the best place:

Now I'm not looking to copy that design, but I was wondering... Does the style of, um... Swirly lines branching from the text have a technical name of some sort? I've seen it before, but I can't for the life of me remember if it's a specific design type, or if it's just a nameless (albeit nice looking) design.

Once again, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.

Flourishes?

Why is it you think that logos and text designs are newb material? Check out Jeff Fisher's writings for the depth involved in logo design. It ain't all just pretty pictures.
    http://www.creativelatitude.com/logo_notions/index.html

Comment

Yup, do a search on flourishes or ornaments.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Well, I didn't exactly mean to say that I think logos and such are newb material, but I think that is where I'd like to start. Also, thank you very much for the quick replies.

Comment

Check out Jeff's stuff. It will give you insight and ideas.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X