Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    <b>
    For 3 or 4 years we had a contract with a printer whose primary business was publishing phone books. We hired them to print 100,000-plus copies of various boilerplate information booklets on newsprint,...
    Today, 10:56 PM
  • kizzidesigns
    Reply to Redundancy & Entropy
    kizzidesigns
    well i am ahppy that someone likes Redundancy & Entropy (R&E) but watching the video was a bit confusing too complex .i love things simple and straightforward and it seems when it comes to the...
    Today, 10:52 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    garricks
    There is/was, but the upgrade to vBulletin 5 disappeared it....
    Today, 10:28 PM
  • Kool
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    Kool
    All of that stuff is disabled because it didn't really work and it caused bugs in other areas. Right now we are in a holding pattern as far as this forum software goes. The forum is coming under new ownership...
    Today, 10:28 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on InDesign data merge advice…
    garricks
    I was too aggressive setting the keeps and got an unexpected result. I didn't see this until I got home…I'll post in detail tomorrow when I get to work.
    Today, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Sans?

Can someone help me identify this font? Whathefont said it was stone sans but the "g" is not the same. Thanks!!
    Attached Files
    WYSIWYG

looks like cronos pro italic

http://www.identifont.com/list?1+id+...+3+KNB+3+64B+3

that font looks different than the ones on the links to buy the font tho. particularly the lowercase e and w.
    Last edited by Two-Toe Tom; 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM.
    portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

I'm on a Mac and I've got thousands of fonts, I ran a search and don't seem to have Cronos. Is Cronos a PC font? Thanks for the response.
      WYSIWYG

Comment

i'm pretty sure its the one that's displayed on the identifont result, but all the cronos's i've found don't look like that, so it might not be cronos :S

edit: the lowercase g is a bit different than the one on identifont as well

Comment

Is it suppose to look distressed or no?
          Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus
            Is it suppose to look distressed or no?
            No, it's a scan I uploaded to "Whathefont". It's a close match to stone sans but the g is wrong--it needs to look like the scan, not roughed up however.
            WYSIWYG

Comment

jimking, I would try the WhatTheFont Forum. The folks there are pretty helpful.

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/

Good luck!

Comment

You could use Stone Sans for everything but the g. Then use Stone Serif for the g...

Comment

Originally posted by doubting_thomas
                  jimking, I would try the WhatTheFont Forum. The folks there are pretty helpful.

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/

Good luck!
                  I did. Exodus, that's a thought, I may try that. I'm a little hesitant because there maybe several more jobs from the same client coming along with the same issues. I'm trying to match previous printings done at some other plant.
                  WYSIWYG

Comment

maybe its just my version of stone sans, but that looks nothing like stone sans, most noticeably the lowercase a and d.

Comment

Originally posted by jimking
                      I'm trying to match previous printings done at some other plant.
                      ugh! Good luck, I hate having to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Two-Toe Tom
                        maybe its just my version of stone sans, but that looks nothing like stone sans, most noticeably the lowercase a and d.
                        I ran it through "Whatthefont" and that's what it thinks. This particular piece has stone sans in it so when I ran scan by WTF I thought that was it but it doesn't match.
                        WYSIWYG

Comment

Whatthefont also has a forum, I had success matching a font there once by posting a sample and one of the forum members came up with the answer.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, Jim.
                          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X