This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me three!

Thanks for all the great links everyone! I've got some good morning reading and poking around to do tomorrow now!
    Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
    The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
    I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I suppose this might go here in this thread, I don't really want to start another one.

If anyone is interested I recently interviewed Ray Cruz, the type designer who designed the typeface, Spirit, for the United States Postal Service and many other noteworthy faces. I will be posting one question a day for the next several days. Enjoy.

http://www.elladurham.com/blog
      [insert clever signature here]

Comment

Awesome job Quirk, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this, a LOT of good font info here, thanks.
        Take everything in moderation, even moderation.

Comment

http://www.dafont.net

covers themed fonts, and also useful for finding corporate fonts
          Im a =unique individual=
          But then again... Aren't we all?

Comment

As far as a font manager I have been using "The Font Thing". I don't know that it would be any better than the manager you mentioned.

Also, were you maybe thinking of tying in with anything having to do with font creation software?

Comment

Thx your link is very helpfull to me, i have 1 site for free front http://www.fontspace.com , and for brand logo history http://www.wiselogo.com/logo-index
              You Face is your logo reflection from your Heart

Comment

Thank you everybody - these are awesome links I need to compile....

Comment

would be really helpful (to me esp.), if you guys could list essential books. That seems to be missing for me anyway. Some sort of Bible of Typogrphy would be awesome, if it were to be listed.

Dankeschön in advance ;-)

Comment

The Elements Of Typographic Style - Robert Bringhurt

Stop Stealing Sheep and Learn How Type Works - Erik Spiekermann

Here is a good link to a lots of info Type Culture

Comment

This will keep me busy for a while. A lot of useful links. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Robert Bringhurst "The Elements of Typographic Style" is pretty much the Bible when it comes to typography. In the years since it was published there have been doubts about some of his methodology but it is a really strong foundational text on typography.

The book by Spiekermann mentioned above is OK, nothing great.

You might want to study the grid, which has also been debunked in the years since it was invented, but nonetheless it is also strong foundational material.

And for little details it is hard to beat "The Chicago Manual of Style". Want to know how to do nested quotation marks? The answer is there.

pbc

Comment

looking for excellent fonts

where can i get some great fonts free of cost? is there a problem is i use these free fonts from the net? am i to buy and use?

Comment

Always read the EULA. While some fonts are free for personal use, you may have to pay if you use them to professionally design something for yourself or someone else.

Comment

The other problem with free fonts is they are often not worth the price you paid for them.

pbc

Comment

Very useful and good links.
                                Thanks to share.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X