Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
  • JJSilver
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    JJSilver
    Here's something that will really make your head spin. Not only do I not turn over rejected ideas to the client - but those rejected ideas can be used for other clients. I remember what a very respected...
    Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Serif help

I'm trying to find a San Serif font to market myself. I've been to dafont.com, 1001 free fonts, and many others. I currently don't have a job and I'm not able to buy a $40-$1000 font. I know there are a lot of free fonts, but there are thousands of them and a lot of crap.

Basically in a nutshell, I'm trying to find a san serif that works with ringle design. My last name + design. If anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated. If someone has a website you commonly get type from please let me know.

Thanks,
    Chris

There are lots of fonts that should come with you computer. What ones have you tried (and rejected)?

Diavlo is quite a nice san serif with a bit of personality. There are several other nice fonts at Exljbris Font Foundry you can check out from that link.

Have you started to explore logo concepts yet?
    Last edited by Buda; 04-01-2010, 03:53 AM.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

A lot of foundries offer a free weight of specific fonts. What sans do you like?

pbc

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
        There are lots of fonts that should come with you computer. What ones have you tried (and rejected)?

Diavlo is quite a nice san serif with a bit of personality. There are several other nice fonts at Exljbris Font Foundry you can check out from that link.

Have you started to explore logo concepts yet?
        At the moment I haven't explored what avenue I'll go down with a logo. Often times I've seen where just the type for the name of the company is enough for a "logo". I'm looking to make a website with my work and I need a name for myself. Something simple that looks nice. Ringle Design is what I have for a name, but it's not set in stone. I'm still brainstorming what I want. Finding a font is a very important start.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul C View Post
          A lot of foundries offer a free weight of specific fonts. What sans do you like?

pbc
          This is my friends website:
          http://www.jonathaneischendesigns.com/

There are a lot of qualities I like about this font (font used for his first and last name). I'm not sure what it is though. I love the form and flow. Has a modern edge I want.

I really don't know much about fonts. However, I know as a designer what looks good. I've gone through my Photoshop list of fonts and didn't find anything close. I'm reading through all my design books with really nice fonts, of which I don't have access to or know their names. I wish I had the resources these companies have. I have to start from somewhere.

Comment

Reminiscent of Eurostile, Microgramma, Bauhaus - a rounded geometric sans.

Search for those terms and you might find something.

pbc

Comment

Originally posted by Paul C View Post
              Reminiscent of Eurostile, Microgramma, Bauhaus - a rounded geometric sans.

Search for those terms and you might find something.

pbc
              Thanks Paul. I definitely got the euro feel. I will look them up right now.

Comment

Please identify this font

Has a Euro, Bauhaus feel to it. I've been told to look under Eurostile, Micrograma and Bauhaus. I found a font named Kazumi Sans which has some of the qualities I'm looking for. If you can identify this font, thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried uploading it to www.whatthefont.com ? That might help to narrow it down.
                  "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Ringdpx - what I meant was search for rounded geometrics sans. That's the type of font. You could also try square geometric sans.

pbc

Comment

Originally posted by Ringpdx View Post
                      Has a Euro, Bauhaus feel to it. I've been told to look under Eurostile, Micrograma and Bauhaus. I found a font named Kazumi Sans which has some of the qualities I'm looking for. If you can identify this font, thanks!
                      It's Handel Sans but you'll have to pay for that one. Pretty pricey at over $200 for the family.
                      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Ringpdx View Post
                        That looks like Handel Sans. Did a google search and found a free version of it: http://www.fontspace.com/category/Handel+Sans

It's not the same but very similar!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X