Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Kayekaye
    Reply to While working on a logo for a client, he sent me logo designs from another designer
    Kayekaye
    Clients can be hard to handle, that's part of the job. Your skill as a designer has to include talking your client into what is good for him. Some designers can't do that, so they hire a contact person...
    Today, 08:45 PM
  • LumLum1013
    Reply to Hi everyone !
    LumLum1013
    Hi Buda and KitchWitch!
    Today, 08:35 PM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to Need advice for logo
    CataclysmX
    What does the organization do? So far its pretty simply and I like it, it seems a bit jagged but maybe that's how it uploaded. I kind of see a D k, and a t just because of how the k connects to the D,...
    Today, 05:43 PM
  • Diggidy
    Graphic Designer for mobile video game
    Diggidy
    We are in need of a Graphic Designer for mobile video game. The game is a 2D platformer style game.
    Please send your resume/website/past work in order to be considered. In return you will be sent...
    Today, 04:30 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    <b>
    That will produce worse results. For example, if you specify the size in which the image displays as 200 x 200 pixels, but you upload a 300 x 300-pixel image, your browser will still need to display that...
    Today, 03:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font suggestions for a hippie health food store

I have to knock out a quick ad for a hippie health food store and would like to use something other than their first choice of Zapf Chancery.

Thanks.

Anyone who suggests Papyrus wins a bucket of fail.
    God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids.

Ouch, Zapf? Really? Hmmmm, I searched DaFont.com for hippie fonts but that was full of fail.... maybe some of these would work in place of Zapf. Good luck!
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

I forgot to mention that they didn't even spell the name of their business correctly:
      Grainery rather than Granary.

I think I'm going to go have a short cry.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking of going all Celtic on them with Sweeney and Sweeney Linocut
      God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids.

Comment

Are you looking for a font for the body copy of the ad? What does their logo look like?

For body copy, I usually go for something very desecrate and sans serif.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

It's this. I just am going to extract the logo and make a new headline and put the body in a sans face like Avenir or Gill Sans

Now, I'm thinking Sweeney is over the top.
          Last edited by Squirell Nutkin; 06-17-2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X