Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Roth
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    Roth
    This is inferior to the original in every way. PD made some very good points already to do with hierarchy, and energy. There are basically three elements, the figure, the name, and the background, so...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Roth
    This is a bit of a stretch. It's like you saw the H in the weights, ran with it, hit a creative wall and tried really hard to make the rest fit. The logo and name are out of proportion to one another...
    Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • extraordenary
    extraordenary
    Professional designers either create the images themselves, or get it from someone else with respects to the copyrights. Designers often make sure that the image they have is royalty-free so they don't...
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  • graphic91
    graphic91
    Umm...really? I know about the design rules, but where to look first? There's not that much information or "look-at-mes" on it and it's just the cover of a video game. Most people who want to...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    Lucifer
    I like it. I like the way you've done the spacing.
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signature design

Hello, I need some help designing a signature like this. Can someone give me a tip how to do it. I don't own a tablet. Thanks.

Scan and Live trace in illustrator. To start. From there you may have to tweak using the pen tool to get it exact.

Or just use the pen tool.

Comment

well I was hoping that there's a similar font to that which i can edit a little to do the desired outcome because pen tool is pretty hard to play with by not having a tablet but just a mouse.

Comment

You don't need a tablet for something like that. A few minutes with the pen tool and you'll be done. A tablet may make it go a little quicker, but with just the mouse it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Signatures are one of the few things I live trace. Or just use Photoshop and export the path. Scan it, up the contrast to black and white, magic wand it, make a path, export the path, open in Illy and clean up. All that takes about 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by stancho View Post
            pen tool is pretty hard to play with by not having a tablet but just a mouse.
            lol you better learn, that's one of the basics.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
              Signatures are one of the few things I live trace. Or just use Photoshop and export the path. Scan it, up the contrast to black and white, magic wand it, make a path, export the path, open in Illy and clean up. All that takes about 2 minutes.
              Or you can do it that way too...

Comment

Originally posted by stancho View Post
                well I was hoping that there's a similar font to that which i can edit a little to do the desired outcome because pen tool is pretty hard to play with by not having a tablet but just a mouse.

I've actually never owned a tablet.

Tracing that should be reasonably simple, and it'd make for good practice.

Being able to trace that in a short time (no more than 20 minutes) is a skill you really should acquire--mouse or tablet--, as it will be a skill you can draw upon time and time again.
                Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Just for kicks I traced it with the pen tool in Illustrator. Took me 9 minutes.

Yes, I'm bored today...

Comment

Yup, I would draw with a regular pen (or a felt tip pen), scan and live trace it too. Do it a lot for my clients. If it's your own signature, pen tool would be fine, I would feel weird about pen tooling a signature that wasn't mine.
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
                      Yup, I would draw with a regular pen (or a felt tip pen), scan and live trace it too. Do it a lot for my clients. If it's your own signature, pen tool would be fine, I would feel weird about pen tooling a signature that wasn't mine.
                      Well, if it was being used for a logo or something, I don't see any problem doing it.

Comment

And for security sake, don't use the exact signature that is used to sign legal documents as a logo.
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I've done autograph signatures for donor walls and such but most times would advise against using an actual signature in signage for the security reasons Buda mentions.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X