Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• rickinsa
    Comment on 7pt. Font size is industry standard for body text?
    rickinsa
    It was more than just putting up with a less knowledgeable person. She wanted to control everything and do it all her way. Much of what she said is so over the top wrong that it just baffles me and tried...
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Reply to Some interesting Graphic Design debate discussions?
    MichaelWied
    Cool idea! I'm actually working on a blog myself. Just some advice that was given to me by someone who studies journalism is to have a years worth of content ready. So if it's a weekly blog, have no less...
    Today, 04:41 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    garricks
    I bought a Canoscan based on PrintDriver's recommendation, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse.
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    PrintDriver
    There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    Buda
    I would never hand over the work to an untrustworthy client without getting payment. You let this happen.

If you don't have a contract and deposit, take this as an expensive lesson to make...
    Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signature design

Hello, I need some help designing a signature like this. Can someone give me a tip how to do it. I don't own a tablet. Thanks.

Scan and Live trace in illustrator. To start. From there you may have to tweak using the pen tool to get it exact.

Or just use the pen tool.

Comment

well I was hoping that there's a similar font to that which i can edit a little to do the desired outcome because pen tool is pretty hard to play with by not having a tablet but just a mouse.

Comment

You don't need a tablet for something like that. A few minutes with the pen tool and you'll be done. A tablet may make it go a little quicker, but with just the mouse it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Signatures are one of the few things I live trace. Or just use Photoshop and export the path. Scan it, up the contrast to black and white, magic wand it, make a path, export the path, open in Illy and clean up. All that takes about 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by stancho View Post
            pen tool is pretty hard to play with by not having a tablet but just a mouse.
            lol you better learn, that's one of the basics.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
              Signatures are one of the few things I live trace. Or just use Photoshop and export the path. Scan it, up the contrast to black and white, magic wand it, make a path, export the path, open in Illy and clean up. All that takes about 2 minutes.
              Or you can do it that way too...

Comment

Originally posted by stancho View Post
                well I was hoping that there's a similar font to that which i can edit a little to do the desired outcome because pen tool is pretty hard to play with by not having a tablet but just a mouse.

I've actually never owned a tablet.

Tracing that should be reasonably simple, and it'd make for good practice.

Being able to trace that in a short time (no more than 20 minutes) is a skill you really should acquire--mouse or tablet--, as it will be a skill you can draw upon time and time again.
                Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Just for kicks I traced it with the pen tool in Illustrator. Took me 9 minutes.

Yes, I'm bored today...

Comment

Yup, I would draw with a regular pen (or a felt tip pen), scan and live trace it too. Do it a lot for my clients. If it's your own signature, pen tool would be fine, I would feel weird about pen tooling a signature that wasn't mine.
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
                      Yup, I would draw with a regular pen (or a felt tip pen), scan and live trace it too. Do it a lot for my clients. If it's your own signature, pen tool would be fine, I would feel weird about pen tooling a signature that wasn't mine.
                      Well, if it was being used for a logo or something, I don't see any problem doing it.

Comment

And for security sake, don't use the exact signature that is used to sign legal documents as a logo.
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I've done autograph signatures for donor walls and such but most times would advise against using an actual signature in signage for the security reasons Buda mentions.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X