Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D text help: turning the 3d part into a path and object

Hi,

this is my first post and i'm pretty new to illustrator so apologies if this is a basic question

I've created some lettering have added a 3d effect to it. I want to play with the 3d part as one solid block of colour, not separate shaded parts - i've tried expanding the object so i can merge the separate parts, but its not really working. to give some examples of what i'm trying to do:

http://cdn.snowboardermag.com/files/...tairmaster.jpg

- so the black and pink parts would be separate objects that i can edit

or

http://shop.surftheearthsnowboards.c...mg/STCK004.JPG

any help is appreciated

Copy the text.

apply effect

merge all

place original text on top.

(in the advanced options)
    Reducing the number of blend steps to 1

no shading or plastic shading.

Comment

Yep, you gotta turn the lights off.
      I tend to use black, with no shading selected.
      Then expand and clean up. That is one of THE messiest pieces of crap algorithm Adobe ever came up with. I earn my setup fee when doing signage with logos created with that POS.

Comment

thanks both - thats spot on!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
          Reply to Is the forum particularly quiet of late?
          B
          The forum is busiest from Monday to Friday. It's quite slow on the weekends.

Like you mentioned with the other forums, this forum has slowed down considerably over the past two or three years....
          Today, 01:25 AM
        • taraesque
          Reply to Would appreciate some feedback on my newest commisioned skateboard graphic
          taraesque
          I think she looks pretty good. My only critique would be that her hips are rather narrow that they don't seem to be in proportion to her body. I would bump them out just some more....
          Yesterday, 11:17 PM
        • Pacman Ghost
          Is the forum particularly quiet of late?
          Pacman Ghost
          Good evening, everyone.

As a new member to this excellent forum, I have no idea whether the current level of activity is to be expected, but it seems very quiet at just a few posts per day....
          Yesterday, 08:53 PM
        • salsa
          Comment on Typesetting. Can you spot my obsession?
          salsa
          Two spaces was never a thing. Ever. It was invented by high school typewriting teachers who thought that the monospaced letters on a typewriter made it difficult to see where the end of a sentence occurred....
          Yesterday, 01:57 PM
        • salsa
          Reply to Attach a PDF to an InDesign file
          salsa
          It's an interesting request. I think the answer depends on what your designing. Who's going to use it, why, and what solution makes the most sense from the end user's view.
          Yesterday, 01:48 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X