Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review - 1 page tattoo website

Hi! Hows it going? We hope your doing awesome

Me and my gf did this website for her in divi and we would like to hear your thoughts on it.
    We´re open to any critique, feedback, suggestions and ideas.
    (Visual, Accessibility, Speed, Compatibility)

Handpoke Tattoos by Stephanie O'Handley

Thanks!
    We wish you an amazing weekend!
    Last edited by mrbambocha; 09-03-2016, 08:14 AM.

Realize a better reason to smooth-scroll. Like I know, but generally it seems hamm handed (sp? for all that. No one seriously does that, and it's dumb.

Haven't found the gallery right off. That might be important.
    Last edited by John G; 09-04-2016, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Ohhhh! This looks great! The sections are easy to follow for the most part and the spacing is nice, responds well to all sizes and all that jazz. The fonts drive me nuts, and the gallery as well. I would save the handwritten fonts for headlines or special callouts and leave body copy in a sans serif (I know, boring =/) Gallery: The stitched-together photo style and the animations for navigation make it a choppy experience. Also regarding the gallery, it's the only site content that goes full-width so it doesn't fit with the flow so it looks out of place. IMO give it some margins on the side and a little gap between each photo. Also only showing 4 at a time in a row kinda stinks -you're asking the user to work for each page- a grid would be better, easier gallery navigation would be better.

All in all the site looks pretty great tho nice work!

Comment

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

John G, i dont really understand what you mean. Better reason to smooth-scroll? " it seems hamm handed (sp? for all that." ?

Adhesyve, thanks for pointing the fonts and gallery out, will fix that.

Comment

Nah, sorry, been working on something like that (I don't design things anymore). The whole one page website and scroll to section... I'm not a fan. (Our UX team probably wouldn't like it (well I usually agree with them) It can work, but be warry of content, usually something needs to be loaded before it actually is (fonts, etc). I've seen a couple "wonderful" sights that generally were about the same. Nothing design wise, I just build these things now, my attention is ASP and javascript. More of a "IS it worth it to figure how to do this" type stuff.

Haven't broken it yet, So that's good.
          Last edited by John G; 09-04-2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

yeah, the thing is there isnt so much info, so it might be better to use the flow concept as facebook use, people like to scroll, instead of clicking buttons and interupting their flow, waiting for pages to load, and this way its higher likelyhood that they will read it all the if it was pages. or is my reasoning flawed?

Comment

Originally posted by Adhesyve View Post
              Ohhhh! This looks great!
              Hi Adhesyve and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I think the images needs optimization to reduce its size

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• John G
                  Reply to visually pleasing web design
                  John G
                  Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Today, 06:26 PM
                • Thug-D
                  Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
                  Thug-D
                  I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
                  Today, 05:58 PM
                • mirab
                  visually pleasing web design
                  mirab
                  Hello Every buddy
                  What is the best way to learn visually pleasing web design?

Thanks!
                  Today, 05:36 PM
                • Glitchin
                  Reply to Logo Feedback
                  Glitchin
                  These all seem quite generic looking to me, but a lot of people do want these generic looking logos. For me the top one is the best of the lot.

I would adjust the tracking to increase space...
                  Today, 03:37 PM
                • Glitchin
                  Comment on Critique Please?
                  Glitchin
                  Thanks Jessa!
                  Today, 03:15 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X