Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Review My Website design - Amstel Website Redesign Concept

hi

I am still training and i worked to redesign Amstel Website with the same content , so i need your feedback to improve myself

https://www.behance.net/gallery/4272...design-Concept

and Thank you

It might have helped if you'd picked a site to redesign that wasn't already nicely done. That way, it would be easier to see those things that you had improved.

With your redesign, I had some difficulty separating the website from the background against which you've placed the redesign.

On the history page, I don't understand what all the lines and dots connecting the text box are about? They almost appear to be a timeline of some kind, but on closer inspection, I'm thinking that they're just decorative elements you've used because you needed to fill the space with something. If it were me, I'd re-evaluate that approach.

Also, about the text boxes... Whenever you place text inside a container of some kind, like a colored box, you need to leave comfortable margins between the type and the edge of the container. The type needs room to take a big breath. You haven't given it that room, which makes the space in which the type resides seem claustrophobic, which is rarely a good emotional quality in a design.

Comment

• Saeed Dameer
      Saeed Dameer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for your feedback and i will try to edit it
      i added some padding to the text and edit on some backgrounds
      i will edit more
      thanks again

Google fonts is a free CDN in yea? Websafe fonts are one thing. Fonts for web use are a different matter (especially free ones, you can do much more with paid ones).

Most of those big-ole curves would have to be png's, you could minimize them with div block bg colors, but that might be a pita once you get down to responsive sites.

Are the lines and diamonds on the corner part of your design or print marks? because that could be a righteous pain to do with expanding dimensions (think bigger window, wider, then higher, then both). Especially the diamonds on the side, do you want them to follow your scrolling? What happens when scrolling gets too low and it runs into the footer area? More javascript (dealing with that now, kind of a pain).

I guess you could do the diamonds at the corners with matching borders with enough divs easy (haven't tried, still in my head (it's a fun problem). It might be kind of verbose though (I still don't like that). Gonna have to try it in my free time.
    Last edited by John G; 09-16-2016, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Saeed Dameer
      Saeed Dameer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks you so much for your feedback
      about the diamonds in the corner, they will not move , because it's just a one page that mean the first section will fill your monitor , when you scroll down , you will go to the second section
      i hope you get my point
      thanks again

Very well done,colors are awesome and typography too,great job

Comment

• Saeed Dameer
      Saeed Dameer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much

Design and color is very nice.

Comment

Hi Getemplate and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Your behance designs concepts are pretty good. you need to improve more attractive design.

Comment

Hi Ericmoose and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

nice content, easy to load
            The only thing i think you should change is the banner (bigger and more attractive). Professional design if possible.

Comment

Hi CarianaSS and welcome to GDF.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

What are we critiquing here? I could post a pdf from 1995 and have the same response. Where are your links going, how do they describe the website? How are you going to draw traffic to it? Color & Design is fabulous. How do you make them stay?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X