• Show
Clear All

• Logo issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	logo (1).png
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	20542
    hello guys this is the logo my costumer have created for her website, i personaly like it alot, but what do i know, i am not professional designer. I am just font end developer and owner of a small company for web development... I just want to see your opinion about this one, please note that she is very sensitive person and i made the mistake to show it in one facebook group full of trolls who never managed to sell a single logo, so i just want to know is it SO BAD AS PEOPLE SAY, because if it is, it makes me think i might lack sense of design... In my career i have sold over 30 logos so far and i wonder is it because i am a good trader or a good designer... as i said i am not professional designer, and this one is not made by me but the fact that i like it and others dont makes me wonder if there is something wrong with me to like this logo, and how do i manage to sell websites, plugins, pictures. wordpress themes, services and so many things that seems to be not liked by others?

Welcome to the forum nevergrim. We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

too amateurish & busy ... simply the waves, text and composition
      "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
      Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by nevergrim View Post
        ...this one is not made by me but the fact that i like it and others dont makes me wonder if there is something wrong with me to like this logo
        Just to be clear, you're saying that you didn't design this logo, right? If so, the forum rules don't allow critiquing other people's work unless that work is from a high-profile situation, like the logo of a large company that's in the news.

So without commenting specifically on this logo, logos in general work best and are most useful when they're simple, legible shapes. This enables them to work equally well when run in black and white or in full color. It also enables them to be readable up close and from a distance. A simple logo is also the most flexible in that it can be reproduced on everything from a website to being embroidered on a hat to being printed on the side of a promotional ballpoint pen. Likewise the typography in a logo should be easily read in all the situations in which its used. For example a logo on a sign in front of a business will help identify that business, but only if the type can be easily read from as far away as possible.

Logo design has a whole lot to do with aesthetics, but there are also the kinds of practical considerations that I just mentioned. Just because you like the looks of something doesn't necessarily make it a good logo.

Comment

He's not asking to critique the logo. He is questioning his sense of design and aesthetics.

wonder if there is something wrong with me to like this logo, and how do i manage to sell websites, plugins, pictures. wordpress themes, services and so many things that seems to be not liked by others?
          One aspect could be price. It's generally understood that aesthetics are sacrificed in a low price category. Another aspect could be the market category. For example, plumbers probably don't have the best taste, generally speaking.

Comment

It's very difficult to evaluate, or give an opinion on a logo when we don't know the context of its use.

Comment

Hi Markjanyson and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

The logo isn't the best, but everyone's tastes are going to be different and you can't please everyone. You may not be the best at identifying the good graphics, but that doesn't mean you don't understand the value of a well structured site and be able to sell that. My advice is to hire someone or at least have someone available who is better at critiquing graphics. Or, take some time to better understand what constitutes good design. The biggest issue I have with the logo is the name. The logo design should easily identify the brand, but this is hard to read and there's no hierarchy for either the image or the name so I'm not sure where she's going with this. You should also be honest with your client and be able to communicate why it is good or not and make some positive constructive criticism.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X